Personal + Share accounting software

Dear All,

I am searching a good software for personal accounting and portfolio. I am using DOS based software at present which is too old.

Softwares I have seen in windows are MONEYWARE 2000, EQUITRIX and EASYLIFE. All this softwares are OK and not user freindly. Their presentation and reporting is very poor.

If anybody knows good software made by and for Indian which takes care of accounting + portfolio and taxation, then please givedetails here. Deatails such as website, download links shall be highly appreciated .

Awaiting prompt reply from active users.

Have a nice day !

BaNeNe

Hey Banene.
I am nota a user of this software myself. However they sent me a rep to demo thier software at my old job. It's made by an Indian for an Indian with Indian support.

Check out thier FAQ page. You should get an idea of how useful it is
from ( http://www.easylife.in/viewdemo.htm )
# How to install Easy Life Professional?
# How to create New User?
# How to create New Investor?
# How to create Bank Account?
# How to create Cash Account?
# How to enter Receipt transactions?
# How to enter Salary transactions?
# How to enter Payment transactions?
# How to enter Simple Payment transactions?
# How to enter Share Applications transactions?
# How to enter Share transactions?
# How to enter Mutual Fund transactions?
# How to enter Bond / Debenture transactions?
# How to enter Post Office Scheme transactions?
# How to enter Life Insurance transactions?
# How to enter Lended loan transactions?
# How to enter Health Insurance transactions?
# How to enter Asset transactions?
# How to enter Rented Income Budget transactions?
# How to enter Maintance History transactions?
# How to enter Vehicle History transactions?
# How to enter Budget transactions?
# How to enter Contact History transactions?
# How to use Download Quotes?
# How to enter Current Asset Value transactions?
# How to enter Calender transactions?
# How to use Reminder ?
# How to Chang Current Password & Change Current Date?
# How to set Preferences?
# How to use Query?

Thier main page is
http://www.easylife.in

Their download link is

http://www.easylife.in/downloadel.htm

Notice the spelling mistake above (typically Indian ;-) Hee hee..)

They can be reached at
Ahmedabad

Adit Microsys Pvt. Ltd.
502, Shapath-II,
Opp. Rajpath Club,
Gandhinagar-Sarkhej Highway,
Ahmedabad 380 015.
Phone:(079) 66613045-6-7
Fax: (079) 66613048
Cell: Mr. Jaydip Parikh
098241 56414
[email protected]

Mumbai

Adit Microsys Pvt. Ltd.
Office no. 1, Cosmos Building, 1st Floor,
3rd Road,
Nr. Khar Railway Station,
Khar (W)
Mumbai - 400 052
Phone: (022) 3252 7329
TeleFax : (022) 2649 3135
Cell: 93224 03807, 93247 14753
[email protected]
Bangalore

1176, 12th 'B' Main,
IInd stage, Indiranagar,
Bangalore-560 008.
Phone:9342226769, 080-25272671
Telefax: 080-25219081
[email protected]

Vadodara

105, Bansidhar Complex
Opp. Polo Ground,
Near Shreyas Vidyalaya
Vadodara 390 001
Phone:9376215734,
0265 - 2438519,
Fax:0265-2428803
[email protected]

Dear Sir,

Any software will take a little learning to use it easily and specially Investment Management and Accounting, which is a very comprehensive field. If you have faced any issues while using our software, we would like you to mail them to us and we can help you better utilise our solutions.

Our contact details are 022 65246103 or 0 93227 91714 and email: [email protected]

We look forward that you also become a satisfied user of Equitrix.

regards,
-Equitrix Support-

Is anybody using or heard about SOFT TAX software?

Just came across their website (indusinfo dot co dot in) and they claim to have the software dedicated to share trading accounting.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

rajfal

Based on the comments of some of your user, I purchased Easylife purely for share accounting. To tell you the truth - do not buy. It is not designed using a professional accountant, but by a bunch of software people who have no idea of accounting.

I thought that coming from a state of Gujarat with share accounting running in the blood, the software should be a breeze. some major issues which I am listing below are:
a) There is no reference number (contract note) and recall or accessing the reference number neither in reports nor search. Thus if you forget the reference number you can never recollect the record.
b) Splitting is done in shares, but does not take into account when doing the cap gain report. Thus you have strange gains/losses
c) Cap gain report does not have any reference/date of buy or sell. If you submit it to tax authorities, they will trash it.

Unless you genuinely want to spend 5000 for their charity, better not buy.

Recently i purchased one software which is low cost and user friendly and auto update digital contract note, long term gain, short term gain it gives with some usefull TA indicators which helps in dlgently taking decision for Buy & Sell stock

Regards
Anand

Based on the comments of some of your user, I purchased Easylife purely for share accounting. To tell you the truth - do not buy. It is not designed using a professional accountant, but by a bunch of software people who have no idea of accounting.

I thought that coming from a state of Gujarat with share accounting running in the blood, the software should be a breeze. some major issues which I am listing below are:
a) There is no reference number (contract note) and recall or accessing the reference number neither in reports nor search. Thus if you forget the reference number you can never recollect the record.
b) Splitting is done in shares, but does not take into account when doing the cap gain report. Thus you have strange gains/losses
c) Cap gain report does not have any reference/date of buy or sell. If you submit it to tax authorities, they will trash it.

Unless you genuinely want to spend 5000 for their charity, better not buy.