Risk in Trading

You're absolutely correct. While stop-loss orders are crucial risk management tools that help limit potential losses, they are just one component of a comprehensive trading strategy. Without a profitable trading strategy that incorporates proper risk management, relying solely on stop-loss orders may not be sufficient to ensure long-term success.
The risk of trades must be limited in order not to lose profits. It is important before entering a trade to clearly understand what the reasons for entering are (and whether there are any) and how much you are willing to lose in case of failure.

it was a standard back in the day to simply risk as much as 2% of you account on each trade, that way it gives you almost 50 chances of failure before you blow the account (wins not included) thats a good start, but personally i can go as high as 10% i dont mind really but only if im certain to an extent.

Absolutely, risk management is paramount in trading. Before entering a trade, I always define my reasons for entering, set clear profit targets, and determine my stop-loss levels to limit potential losses. This approach helps me maintain discipline and protect my profits while navigating the uncertainties of the market.
The risk of trades must be limited in order not to lose profits. It is important before entering a trade to clearly understand what the reasons for entering are (and whether there are any) and how much you are willing to lose in case of failure.