Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I have decided 2 try Zerodha but lastly this query.

1. As I am an only option trader, so if I have say just 5K amount in my acc. Am I getting margin of 50K.

2. Short Selling Nifty option, can I short with 5K in acc. as u r providing 50K margin for intra day?
Hi,
I've read that you provide 1:10 margin for stocks traded in F&O.
Does it apply to Futures segment of the stock as well, or Cash alone?

For example, UCOBANK Futures has a lot size of 2000 and April expiry is at 119 while spot is at 118.85 for today. Margin requirement for one lot is around 37,600. If I have 50,000 in my account, would it mean that I can buy 2 lots of UCOBANK Futures with it?

Also, can I short Stock Futures as well ? I guess I will need to have the required margin to hold it overnight as exposure is only for intraday.

So, what exactly would I get intraday margin funding by Zerodha? Cash or Futures?

Aside, lets say I want to buy VijayaBank or YesBank Futures whose margin requirement is above 55,000 per lot. Assuming I have 30,000 in my account, would I still be able to trade in the respective Futures?

Thanks in advance and sorry to bother you again.
@ stoch_guy

1. No margin for buying options......you can buy options as per your capital only.
2. for short selling options intraday, you should have 7K - 12k depending upon strike price...ATM/ITM/OTM.....etc...

@ newbie12345

1. No margin for stock futures...
2. you can buy/short them intraday for half of the span margin.
3. for holding them you need full margin amount.

Hi zerodha,

please see the below link.

http://zerodha.com/main/zerodhapricing.html

What is the meaning of " Alternative brokerage plan of 0.1% for delivery trades and 0.01% for intraday trades are available upon request. Contact us for details."

As per the statement in the above link 200 reliance shares delivery brokerage is Rs.40/- ( buy-20/-+ Sell-20/-). As per alternative brokerage plan it is coming Rs.200/- at the rate of 0.1%.

Please explain in this regard.

Hi zerodha,

What is the meaning of " Alternative brokerage plan of 0.1% for delivery trades and 0.01% for intraday trades are available upon request. Contact us for details."

As per the statement in the above link 200 reliance shares delivery brokerage is Rs.40/- ( buy-20/-+ Sell-20/-). As per alternative brokerage plan it is coming Rs.200/- at the rate of 0.1%.

Plan B:
NSE Cash Market - Intraday=0.01% , Delivery=0.1%
NSE FnO Segment- 20/Trade (Executed Order)

This plan is very helpful for those traders' whose turnover is below 2Lc...
Ask Mr. Sachin or mailing [email protected], for their brokerage calculator... That will make you understand the scenario better...

Cheers!!!

@ stoch_guy

1. No margin for buying options......you can buy options as per your capital only.
2. for short selling options intraday, you should have 7K - 12k depending upon strike price...ATM/ITM/OTM.....etc...

@ newbie12345

1. No margin for stock futures...
2. you can buy/short them intraday for half of the span margin.
3. for holding them you need full margin amount.

Are you sure for SHORT SELLING NIFTY OPTION - ITM, ATM, OTM for intra day is only between 7K - 12K. Please confirm again. As me currently paying 21K around for SHORTING Nifty option.

Please confirm.

@Logik...

Our customer support executive was going through the regular steps of isolating the issue and providing a resolution that would work. We do have a lot of customers who place orders through the LBS and none of them have reported issues which haven't been resolved, so you can be assured that you can program your trades on the LBS. :)

About security and encryption, you should know that NSE has a very strong and secure system. The best in India at least. There is a turnover of over 100,000 crores on a daily basis on NSE and they wouldn't be open for hackers or any internet thieves.
1. about ur CC: look man, i am expressing what i have experienced. the guy was really giving some odd answers, hence was my comment in previous post. anyways, nothing serious. will get back to u later when i got some spare time. or i will better call NSE now support in this matter. let them also understand some end users problems.

2. no doubt NSE got some quality security. but my frnd Firefox is truly a genuine thing. its developed & used by cores of ppl every day. its open source. the warning issued by Firefox need not to be taken lightly.

in the world of internet security, there is no thing like "100% full proof". every thing can be breached. We have seen people from neighbor country breaching into the system of DRDO offices & taking away vital national security information. the information which is worth 10 times 1,00,000 cores. :) same goes for some chineses kids breaking into the the computers of CIA, white house & many top level US agencies.

the point i am stressing here is: the so called most secured things are the most vulnerable in online world. history indicates so.

i always feel better to be safe than sorry. that's why i thought it will be a good thing to raise the alarm in some form. Never take security issues so lightly. even if they are false positive.

anyways, i hope this will not be the case for Zerodha & we are all secured here.

But hope is very dangerous thing in online world & in stocks trading. (my experience tells me so)

just my 2 cents. nothing personal here.

Last edited:

1. about ur CC: look man, i am expressing what i have experienced. the guy was really giving some odd answers, hence was my comment in previous post. anyways, nothing serious. will get back to u later when i got some spare time. or i will better call NSE now support in this matter. let them also understand some end users problems.

2. no doubt NSE got some quality security. but my frnd Firefox is truly a genuine thing. its developed & used by cores of ppl every day. its open source. the warning issued by Firefox need not to be taken lightly.

in the world of internet security, there is no thing like "100% full proof". every thing can be breached. We have seen people from neighbor country breaching into the system of DRDO offices & taking away vital national security information. the information which is worth 10 times 1,00,000 cores. :) same goes for some chineses kids breaking into the the computers of CIA, white house & many top level US agencies.

the point i am stressing here is: the so called most secured things are the most vulnerable in online world. history indicates so.

i always feel better to be safe than sorry. that's why i thought it will be a good thing to raise the alarm in some form. Never take security issues so lightly. even if they are false positive.

anyways i am quite sure this will not be the case for Zerodha & we are all secured here.

just my 2 cents.
when i was using rkglobal site this certificate or unsecure thing came many times (ask any and i mean ANY rkglobal user and he'll confirm).

now i anit big techie but once in sbicapsec there was such error too after i formatted my system. what i did was kept my internet security level in i.e. to high from medium-high hence got many false positives.. may be you have high level security in i.e. settings or in your firewall settings.

2ndly i used i.e. site when my a/c was activated but nsenow wasn't and since i'm on limited bandwidth plan i got screwed up badly as spending 3 hours cost me 130+mb on i.e. by afternoon i reliased it and shifted to chrome but it was not working so well so i used i.e. extension and result was only 9mb in 1 hour and 30 odd minutes. what i'm trying to say is instead of using lbs there is better option for fast as well as bandwidth saving to use chrome.

and as i said i aint any techie hence take my answer just as a passer by tells you when your car gets stop, "petrol check karo, khatam ho gaya hoga". :D

Hi zerodha,

you have option of choosing flat charge of 20 bucks per order OR percentage based brokerage according to your trading style. if you are big trader/investor, choose 20 wala plan, refer my post in page before this post #2703 http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/47790-zerodha-271.html#post541888

lets assume you hit a jackpot and you had a percentage based plan so far and you want to put 50 lacs in one go.. that would be 5000 in delivery and 500+500 intraday buying and selling! wait.. call zerodha, ask them to change your plan from percentage to per order wait to confirmation and bingo.. you can save rs 4980 or 960 just by 1 call! and next day you again want to shift to percentage, call them again.. std from mobile costs 50 paisa these days.. it aint that costly for saving some dimes.

you have option of choosing flat charge of 20 bucks per order OR percentage based brokerage according to your trading style. if you are big trader/investor, choose 20 wala plan, refer my post in page before this post #2703 http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/47790-zerodha-271.html#post541888

lets assume you hit a jackpot and you had a percentage based plan so far and you want to put 50 lacs in one go.. that would be 5000 in delivery and 500+500 intraday buying and selling! wait.. call zerodha, ask them to change your plan from percentage to per order wait to confirmation and bingo.. you can save rs 4980 or 960 just by 1 call! and next day you again want to shift to percentage, call them again.. std from mobile costs 50 paisa these days.. it aint that costly for saving some dimes.

2021: The last line you mentioned is my line :) I hold the copyright to this line in this thread at least!. You will hear from my lawyers. When I dont make money in trading, I spend my weekends sueing people. When that doesnt work too, I spend it screwing people :)

Zerodha

I have decided 2 try Zerodha but lastly this query.

1. As I am an only option trader, so if I have say just 5K amount in my acc. Am I getting margin of 50K.

2. Short Selling Nifty option, can I short with 5K in acc. as u r providing 50K margin for intra day?
50k for option trading??? :) .... We would have to shut shop in no time at all... ;)....

1. For buying options you need to have your entire premiums... 10 times margin is for trading intraday stocks...

2. We don't provide 50k for options, For option writing the margin required is 50% of SPAN , with 5k you could probably just short 1 lot of a deep out of the money option....

CHeers...

Status
Not open for further replies.