Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sachin/Zerodha,
Will you courier an application form and registration kit to my temporary address?
I'm living on rent(New Delhi) and my permanent address is different(Pune).

i.e, C/O address will work for opening an account?

-Lini

trader15

From Monday onwards.. 50% margin for Gold, Silver, Crude and Copper...
Can you give an example for novice commodity traders how MIS will work for commodity.

Also, what are margin's for these commodities: Gold, Silver, Crude and Copper. Is it same as MCX specified i.e. for 1 Kg Gold: 5% of contract value or do you require different margins.

When is time of calculation of MTM profit/loss i.e. credit/debit.

What happens if account does not have sufficient funds at end of day for
covering MTM loss: Is there cut off time for same.

Related question: What is MTM loss/profit calculation for Nifty futures assuming the entire marging money is present for positional trade on Day 1, and at 11.00 am next day--> Loss of say 2K and no money in account for covering MTM ?

Zerodha

Hi Sachin/Zerodha,
Will you courier an application form and registration kit to my temporary address?
I'm living on rent(New Delhi) and my permanent address is different(Pune).

i.e, C/O address will work for opening an account?

-Lini
Yes we can courier,

If the address proof has a C/O then it can't be used...

You can give your permanent address proof itself as all our communication will happen online...

Send a request for the forms to [email protected]

Zerodha

Can you give an example for novice commodity traders how MIS will work for commodity.

Also, what are margin's for these commodities: Gold, Silver, Crude and Copper. Is it same as MCX specified i.e. for 1 Kg Gold: 5% of contract value or do you require different margins.

When is time of calculation of MTM profit/loss i.e. credit/debit.

What happens if account does not have sufficient funds at end of day for
covering MTM loss: Is there cut off time for same.

Related question: What is MTM loss/profit calculation for Nifty futures assuming the entire marging money is present for positional trade on Day 1, and at 11.00 am next day--> Loss of say 2K and no money in account for covering MTM ?
Firstly, for commodities, we will give you a leverage, you will need 50% of the MCX specified margins...

For all futures equity or commodities, MTM happens continuously, Ideally it is better if you utilize only a portion of trading capital for f&o and keep some idle cash handy...

In commodities, we will let you trade with 50% of mcx margins till 10.45.. To trade with leverage you will have to utilize the product code: MIS(margin intraday squareoffs)... All MIS orders will get autosquared off at 10.45 pm...

If you intend to keep this for overnight, you either by it NRML or if you have bought it as MIS, you wil lhave to convert it to NRML(provided you have sufficient balance)....

For your nifty future question, the next day morning, you will anyways need only 40% of NSE margins, so it will be alright.. But by 3pm, you would have to bring in the mtm loss otherwise it will get squared off...

Status
Not open for further replies.