60 min Flow in International Commodities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThE HaMmEr

1 more imp thing..........do not consider saturday's.........at least i dun consider.......coz it is completely in hands of operators.....coz of no global cues......

it is always worth waiting rather den a whipsaw.....gold is a very slow instrument...

it is not a aggressive instrument.....it gives all the big moves very unexpectedly.....

it is a pure flow instrument......and requires quite a lot of patience...coz dere will b less trades....very less trades...

i myself shorted dere coz even a 50-60 pts filter wud hav hit sl....but covered and got long looking at the close.......
You mean, go with the SAR rules , reverse your position on hitting SAR-filter but after the bar has completely formed , if the closing price is ABOVE SAR , revert back to long..

Right?

Neeraj, In your chart previous PL was @ 13405. You revered back to long as the closing price was much above that @ 13444 .

One question here - Would you have reverted back to long if the closing price was @ say 13415 or 13405 ? Do you use any filter here too? If so, Please let us know.

ThE HaMmEr

You mean, go with the SAR rules , reverse your position on hitting SAR-filter but after the bar has completely formed , if the closing price is ABOVE SAR , revert back to long..

Right?
u hv to understand the characterstics.......gold is slow instrument.....i found sum whipsaws.....nd saw this closing thing quite useful.......

breakout and breakdowns........is what we need.......

also prabhjeet u knw gold hav lot of sideways movements with whipsaws and unnecessary trades............u knw ur RSI of 3 days using 50 as centreline and identifying healthy pivots helped..........

coz u knw in sideways movements u get a lot of pivot looking bars.......

gold is international commodities..... it trades for 14 hrs in india.......its obvious that sideways movements will kill yaaa..........

gold looks easy but it isnt dat easy.......:D

soo backtesting is imp....very very imp......

Prabhjeet

Neeraj its not that difficult to trade the sideways movement also, given that you have patience to wait for these ranges to break

I had discussed the same range for HDIL few months back with rakeshluthra and musicjunkie, after it broke the range, it gave a spectacular profits of 1,60,000 per lot in just 1.5 months.

I see Nifty in same kind of range, 3250 - 2500. For me even Gold is in no trade zone, we either need break of 14200 or 13872 + 30 pts. to decide the exact trade, but I didnt want to start this discussion as it is out of 60 min. rules originally laid by Saint

VJAY

Dear Neeraj,
Thanks for giving some ideas for trading in com.Please give link of dataof perv year if you hav no problem.it is helpfull us to do some backtest.

Regards
VJAY

VJAY

Dear dnjadeja,

Please put here intraday data for some days as per you said earliar.

Regards
VJAY

ThE HaMmEr

Dear Neeraj,
Thanks for giving some ideas for trading in com.Please give link of dataof perv year if you hav no problem.it is helpfull us to do some backtest.

Regards
VJAY
sure i will post in d evening friend... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.