60 min Flow in International Commodities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prabhjeet

no noo prabhjeet friend.......i dun think 13978 is a ph........

ph is 3 p.m. bar high ... so sar is 14082 + f ......am talking abt gold - feb

so i am standing short still....

prabhjeet i hav seen in gold dat overanalyising hurts.... only clear to eye pivot works here....and u knw u taught me abt using RSI to identify the healthy pivots.....it really helps here.......

i have 2 yrs data of some MCX instruments......copper gold crude etc... if u and all d other friends interested in backtesting ......

1 more thing that i have noticed is that if a short or long is triggered....the closing of dat bar shud b below ur trigger price in case of short and vice verca.......

hope we can hav sum healthy discussion here........

regards

neeraj
If we are going to Trade pure Pivots only , then we would be still short, I was talking about the Aggressive Pivot reversal here.

Good to know that RSI Pivots work well here.

Will look into the Breakout close that you have defined

Regards

ThE HaMmEr

if you don't mind, please share that tip with us too :D
are u familiar wid RSI ??? i wud suggest only experianced 1's to use it...it will make things complicated and confusing..if not used wid care......

it is gud to use....but requires screen experience......

sunil and prabhjeet hav given a lovely explanation abt it....

i will try to assemble and post here....later tonite....... :)

ThE HaMmEr

If we are going to Trade pure Pivots only , then we would be still short, I was talking about the Aggressive Pivot reversal here.

Good to know that RSI Pivots work well here.

Will look into the Breakout close that you have defined

Regards
it depends on filter 2.....what filter do u use..?

nd i will try to post charts abt what i mean to say ........

Prabhjeet

it depends on filter 2.....what filter do u use..?

nd i will try to post charts abt what i mean to say ........
I am using 20 pt. filter, but haven't backtested it extensively

ThE HaMmEr

soooo we have a new ph and sar 14055 + f :)

i wud recommend doin rollovers today ... coz commodities rollovers r nightmares with huge differences many times............

VJAY

i hav done backtesting.......30-50 pts filter will work........with breakout .... as i told......closing below sar levels is imp.......

20 pts is too low...with lot of whipsaws......

i usually go with 35 + with breakouts in mind.........
Dear neeraj,

Can you please explain a bit more about "closing below sar levels is imp......"I not understand it.

Regards
VJAY

ThE HaMmEr

Dear neeraj,

Can you please explain a bit more about "closing below sar levels is imp......"I not understand it.

Regards
VJAY
a very recent example of closing below sar imp levels is stated below....

i myself shorted dere coz even a 50-60 pts filter wud hav hit sl....but covered and got long looking at the close.......and now this recent low became a new pl in few hrs :) ... and we all know what happened after dat ... gold hit a new high of 14200 in recent days without hitting new pl's..........

do sum backtesting guys......u will get to understand the characterstics of gold........

regards

neeraj :)

Status
Not open for further replies.