Day Trading Stocks & Futures

travi

Just a few trading days ago, 3rd March, I posted a closing volume and price indication of strength on buying side.
Today mornings analysis was supported by the same conditions.
It was a pure gut move that paid off really well.

Had expected a small gap up, but since it didn't happen, waited for first bar to close and watch the rocket fired on next bar :clapping:

Just a few trading days ago, 3rd March, I posted a closing volume and price indication of strength on buying side.

Had expected a small gap up, but since it didn't happen, waited for first bar to close and watch the rocket fired on next bar :clapping:

Took positional long yesterday @XX697, based on same observation. TSL hit @750:thumb::thumb::thumb:

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.

Do you see these progressively rising volumes towards market close or as such a jump in volume towards the end?
Also there was not much change in the price during closing stages in bank nifty.

XRAY27

Good charts travi bhai !!!

Do you see these progressively rising volumes towards market close or as such a jump in volume towards the end?
Also there was not much change in the price during closing stages in bank nifty.
This is called volume divergence and it works with excellent strike rate in both daily and intra time frames ..it is one of the favorite setups i trade

XRAY27

Took positional long yesterday @XX697, based on same observation. TSL hit @750:thumb::thumb::thumb:
my position tsl is @ 585 spot...different methods and approaches :D

travi

Guys can note the bullish flag formation in the last 4-5 candles of yest.

Few key things here Vivek Bhai, which is most likely,

1. Smart money rarely uses Market orders, huge buying is best done at Limit.
therefore, when you see large volumes and small candle range,
think of it this way.
Only retail with 1-5 lot traders use Mkt Orders.

2. When you see progressively large volume, your confidence gets stronger.

3. All MIS, auto-sq orders etc clear by 3:20, so when you see that powerful 3:25 bar, its definitely strong hands.

4. Those who bought yesterday have wider SL and therefore always wait for a conclusive move if not supported by gaps.
If gaps exist, like at VAH/VAL etc we can almost blindly take the move.

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Guys can note the bullish flag formation in the last 4-5 candles of yest.

Few key things here Vivek Bhai, which is most likely,

1. Smart money rarely uses Market orders, huge buying is best done at Limit.
therefore, when you see large volumes and small candle range,
think of it this way.
Only retail with 1-5 lot traders use Mkt Orders.

2. When you see progressively large volume, your confidence gets stronger.

3. All MIS, auto-sq orders etc clear by 3:20, so when you see that powerful 3:25 bar, its definitely strong hands.

4. Those who bought yesterday have wider SL and therefore always wait for a conclusive move if not supported by gaps.
If gaps exist, like at VAH/VAL etc we can almost blindly take the move.
Thanks Ravi bhai, I also found one: