how much return you expect from commodity market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Ashwani,

I have backtested several strategies using excel. Trying hit & trial method. The best so far has following trading rules:

50sma crossover with price
[ii] be always in market
[iii] apply rule # 4 of Eng / stop loss of 1%

The return on nifty spot were not bad. More than double of buy&hold.

For a beginning trader, is 50sma too long to trade? Will this strategy be as good on smaller time frames like 10sma mentioned by you earlier or 25sma? How to improve further?

regards

Rajeev

PS: I have tried several support & resistance lines also but yet to test rules similar to above.

Dear Ashwani,

I have backtested several strategies using excel. Trying hit & trial method. The best so far has following trading rules:

50sma crossover with price
[ii] be always in market
[iii] apply rule # 4 of Eng / stop loss of 1%

The return on nifty spot were not bad. More than double of buy&hold.

For a beginning trader, is 50sma too long to trade? Will this strategy be as good on smaller time frames like 10sma mentioned by you earlier or 25sma? How to improve further?

regards

Rajeev

PS: I have tried several support & resistance lines also but yet to test rules similar to above.

dear rajeev, up to one hour time frame,whispa leval is so high that it is always better to rely on rsi indicator rather then supp/resi
but at big time frame like 4 hour six hour in comm or three hour in nifty support and resi gives better result
try to back test four hour time frame on various options like you mentioned above
after reading this book for three or four times,your leval as a trader will jump at once

dear rajeev,...at big time frame like 4 hour six hour in comm or three hour in nifty support and resi gives better result
try to back test four hour time frame on various options like you mentioned above
after reading this book for three or four times,your leval as a trader will jump at once
Dear Ashwani,

I am only on EOD. 50sma tested is sma of closing price on last 50 days.

regards

Rajeev

Ashwani sir, everywhere its written to always consider weekly/monthly charts also along with daily charts for any stock/commodity....in stocks its fine but in commodities where the active life span of a particular commodity is around 1-2 months , i am not able to use very effeciently the indicators/oscillators in weekly/monthly graphs in tradetiger...

Can you please throw some light on this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.