how much return you expect from commodity market

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumeetsj

Silver broke/tested the level given on the chart.
the level of $42 was touched yesterday,
it cannot be termed as a breakout though,
I am not comfortable going long here somehow,
in both Silver and Gold.

Shall post charts soon.
I missed out on this upmove in Silver..
as i said not too comfortable buying..

Waiting to take positions

Klewtar

I missed out on this upmove in Silver..
as i said not too comfortable buying..

Waiting to take positions
When gold prices started spiking at 12:00 and I noticed on the news sites that US banks were to be sued:
http://www.google.com/finance/market_news

I went long but only on one unit of guinea at Rs 22,100. 12:00 and 17:00 (or 16:00) see major market movements if there are any that are based on daily news. If volatility in US markets weren't very high/over powering the system; 12:00, 16:00 and 20:00 may be key times for decisions on the MCX.

In case the market remains bearish for lead, I'd short lead at 12:00 or 12:30 (when lead is at a resistance level) on Monday.

Last edited:
Dear Ashwani,

With your guidance & help now I have arrived on a MTS. The system is eod type. Decision is taken in night at around 11:15 PM.

Now, as suggested by you earlier, can I post the entry signals & stop losses for one/two commodities or nifty future, to check them with those in your mathematical system.

Kindly suggest how should I go ahead with posting in this thread?

regards

Rajeev

Ashwani sir, everywhere its written to always consider weekly/monthly charts also along with daily charts for any stock/commodity....in stocks its fine but in commodities where the active life span of a particular commodity is around 1-2 months , i am not able to use very effeciently the indicators/oscillators in weekly/monthly graphs in tradetiger...

Can you please throw some light on this ?
normally most of the indicator are based on 14 period.but trade tiger dont give us required data of more then 14 period ,according to requirement of various indicators,for weekly and monthly periods,so it dont support weekly and monthly data,for this you require some higher leval software

Dear Ashwani,

With your guidance & help now I have arrived on a MTS. The system is eod type. Decision is taken in night at around 11:15 PM.

Now, as suggested by you earlier, can I post the entry signals & stop losses for one/two commodities or nifty future, to check them with those in your mathematical system.

Kindly suggest how should I go ahead with posting in this thread?

regards

Rajeev
yes you can post in any commodity or nifty on regular basis,i will tell you every time ,how accurate you are and or where you are lacking
but tell me while sending ,wheather these are end of day or four hour
and in case of nifty wheather these are end of day or three hour(12.am and 3.30 pm bar basis) i will reply accordingly

normally most of the indicator are based on 14 period.but trade tiger dont give us required data of more then 14 period ,according to requirement of various indicators,for weekly and monthly periods,so it dont support weekly and monthly data,for this you require some higher leval software
Ashwani sir , any suggestion from your side for higher level software ? But i think you are satisfied with trader tiger only :) If you have any info please share.

can you post stock market trading rules : william f. eng

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Sanjn_84,

Still reading the book.

The 50 statregies are similar to what you find listed by several successful traders. It has things like: have a stop-loss before you enter a trade, keep your losses small, do not overtrade..... The difference is that Eng gives examples from his vast personal experience.

The list from Linda Raschke at following link overlaps with many of rules given by Eng: http://www.traderslog.com/trading-rules/ . You may like to read them to et an idea about the contents of this book.

The book has no specific trading systems which you can directly apply in your trading. It has time tested wisdom & advice. It has to be read at least two or three times to be understood reasonably. I am in first reading & only half way thru. You could even buy the book from the link suggested by Vishnumahajan.

Let us all thank Ashwani for sharing a resource that he found useful in his learning.

Best wishes.

Rajeev

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.