how much return you expect from commodity market

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumeetsj

Hello Sanjn_84,

Still reading the book.

The 50 statregies are similar to what you find listed by several successful traders. It has things like: have a stop-loss before you enter a trade, keep your losses small, do not overtrade..... The difference is that Eng gives examples from his vast personal experience.

The list from Linda Raschke at following link overlaps with many of rules given by Eng: http://www.traderslog.com/trading-rules/ . You may like to read them to et an idea about the contents of this book.

The book has no specific trading systems which you can directly apply in your trading. It has time tested wisdom & advice. It has to be read at least two or three times to be understood reasonably. I am in first reading & only half way thru. You could even buy the book from the link suggested by Vishnumahajan.

Let us all thank Ashwani for sharing a resource that he found useful in his learning.

Best wishes.

Rajeev
thanks for providing above mentioned list of trading rules

I will be using Angel broking, i want to call them but today is off. i am paying them 0.01% intraday for equities and futures. so what will be the cost of 1 lot of gold gunia. ex:for 1 lot mini nifty we pay 20*4800=96000, so how much for gold gunia and gold mini. you are paying per lot but some traders here mentioned about percentage brokarage for commodities. which is better for gold gunia and mini. suppose if i get 0.01% intraday how much brokerage will i be paying for gunia and mini?
Hi, I think you should speak with your dealer about this. Different brokers provide different brokerage on the basis of the turnover. Angel is very competitive and if your turnover is good they might reduce your brokerage. Brokerage calculation will be best explained by your dealer, ask him the rate and the brokerage that will be charged on the transaction.

Ashwani sir,

Your views on Lead,Zinc,Nickel ? ...all seems to be very week now.Please share your thoughts on metals.
lead/zink/aluminium/copper/nickel all the base metal pack till to day closing was in short trend
silver and gold were in long trend
crude was in short trend
due to high voletility/manipulated counter no comment on natural gas ,i am not trading in it
if any one of you is holding position in rest eight expect natural gas,he can ask stop loss for any of these eight

sumeetsj

lead/zink/aluminium/copper/nickel all the base metal pack till to day closing was in short trend
silver and gold were in long trend
crude was in short trend
due to high voletility/manipulated counter no comment on natural gas ,i am not trading in it
if any one of you is holding position in rest eight expect natural gas,he can ask stop loss for any of these eight

Went short in lead/zinc/aluminum/copper/nickel, long in Natural Gas.
All were squared in profit except Natural Gas.
Total profit of 57 K, after deducting 10 k gone Natural Gas.
Such setup seldom arises i think.
No positions were taken in Gold and silver as,
i cannot comprehend their rates at this level (will take some time to sink)..

sumeetsj

Went short in lead/zinc/aluminum/copper/nickel, long in Natural Gas.
All were squared in profit except Natural Gas.
Total profit of 57 K, after deducting 10 k gone Natural Gas.
Such setup seldom arises i think.
No positions were taken in Gold and silver as,
i cannot comprehend their rates at this level (will take some time to sink)..

All trades were taken last week..
squared today in afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.