how much return you expect from commodity market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Ashwani,

Guided by your writings in this thread, I have made something like an MTS which works on EOD prices. As suggested by you, it is based on concept of bulls & bears; support & resistance. Attached excel contains details of entries & exits for leadmini for eight months. You will immediately understand all the rules on seeing the excel. From 19th Jan 11 to 23rd Aug 11, it gave a profit of about 28 points. Actual will be lower as commissions are yet to be minused.

Kindly compare these with your system and tell your views about the accuracy of entry/exit points.

Now the problem is that some of the trades are of very short duration and whipsaws also. Is there any way of avoiding at least some of them? Another problem is that there were 20 trades in seven months, which appears too many to me.

Regards

Rajeev

Ps: All on EOD and near month leadmini.
shortly i will give detailed reply

Klewtar

I don't see a solid trend for Zinc or Lead as of now.

What are the clues or rules for recognising a trend? I've previously seen trends and made some profit without too much loss when EOD Stoch, KST and RSI matches hourly RSI and Stoch. Last few days after the base metals price fall on Tuesday, I noticed I was trading for the sake of trading without seeing a solid trend.

I'm thinking of trading maize, cardamon or coriander when metal markets are not trending
Sharekhan does not seem to support non metal or non energy commodities. How are other brokers for charting or trading commodities such as maize, cardamon or Coriander?

I don't see a solid trend for Zinc or Lead as of now.

What are the clues or rules for recognising a trend? I've previously seen trends and made some profit without too much loss when EOD Stoch, KST and RSI matches hourly RSI and Stoch. Last few days after the base metals price fall on Tuesday, I noticed I was trading for the sake of trading without seeing a solid trend.

I'm thinking of trading maize, cardamon or coriander when metal markets are not trending
Sharekhan does not seem to support non metal or non energy commodities. How are other brokers for charting or trading commodities such as maize, cardamon or Coriander?
there is no trend in zink lead and alumini since last few days,so you are not at fault
but there were big moves in gold/silver/nickle/copper/n.gas/crude in last three days
so concentrate on these rather then other small commodities
i am giving detail of to day trades
gold long open 27330/- at 3 pm
silver long open 63412/-at 3 pm
n.gas 184.30 short open at 3 pm
crude short open 4233 at 3 pm
these were the most simple moves of to day
at 3 o clock there was no confusion regarding there trend,so it was a safe game from here
so concentrate on all the nine rather then only three

gold fmv 27579
silver fmv 64036
trend in both at present is long
it shifted from short to long yester day
Thanks for the above.So this will be our stop loss i guess for today

Generally when the commodity is in long trend , the current market price is higher than its fmv ...But i think it should be the other way - in long trend it should trade below its fmv and then it will try to touch/cross its fmv (and thus it will be long).

Please clarify.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.