how much return you expect from commodity market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the above.So this will be our stop loss i guess for today

Generally when the commodity is in long trend , the current market price is higher than its fmv ...But i think it should be the other way - in long trend it should trade below its fmv and then it will try to touch/cross its fmv (and thus it will be long).

Please clarify.
your above judgement is 100% perfect!!!!
yesterday both silver/gold ,where in the morning ,they were in short trend,
it started trading above 63700/ its fmv around 4.30
gold 27500/ its fmv was crosed around 5.30 yesterday
normally trend will change when price is below fmv, then buying at once will start
and price will go above fmv
normally it takes few hours and two to three try before the break out is matured
yesterday in gold and silver the time was in between four to six pm

Last edited:
your above judgement is 100% perfect!!!!
yesterday both silver/gold ,where in the morning ,they were in short trend,
it started trading above 63700/ its fmv around 4.30
gold 27500/ its fmv was crosed around 5.30 yesterday
normally trend will change when price is below fmv, then buying at once will start
and price will go above fmv
normally it takes few hours and two to three try before the break out is matured
yesterday in gold and silver the time was in between four to six pm
The concept of fmv is little tricky...i tried a lot to calculate but still not much luck...anyways has one exponential formula based on spot price,time till expiry, etc ...not sure how much it will be helpful :)

Anyways will keep on trying...learning/effort never goes waste.

Thanks.

Klewtar

As someone for whom trading is new and is using RSI (sometimes KST) and Stoch at 30min, 60 min and 4 hour intervals, I have only after joining the thread been using resistance and support as per @Ashwani's guidelines with some success.

Is it too early for me to learn how to calculate FMV? I have not yet found the formula.

What are the next steps that I need to learn in TA (before learning to calculate FMV) to be a more effective technical trader?

Last edited:
Dear Cotton,

It seems Ashwani will not look at posts in the thread or reply to them till you come back! Kuch to post karo bhai!

regards

Rajeev
dear rajeevji,
it is not due to cotton absence ,but basically i have made it my habit that i am just opening the thread after 11.30 and giving reply to each and every post which i receive,but of course i am not writting any thing on technical at the thread,my basic target was to give 100 fold jump to 4300/-in a year before 31.3.2012,so to convert it to 4.3 lakh before 31.03.2012
although my performance was not very bad ,but according to my expectations from me i felt i am going to fail ,in achieving my target if my speed of earning will not improve very fast.
in last two month i have worked very hard to improve my mts,so that it can help me to achieve my target in next six and a half month
i am confident that by the end of this month i will achive the desired rate of speed of earning .which i expect from me ,i hope all viewers of my thread will give excuse to me ,for this non devoting of sufficient time to this thread including you.
dear rajeev from one of your answers at the thread i noticed.your background is finance,i wil be glad if you can tell some thing about your educt background and in which city you are settled ,i am from delhi
rest in next month i will try to give more time at this thread
BUT ONCE I AM ON THE RIGHT TRACK,WITH THE CO-OPERATION OF ALL OF YOU

As someone for whom trading is new and is using RSI (sometimes KST) and Stoch at 30min, 60 min and 4 hour intervals, I have only after joining the thread been using resistance and support as per @Ashwani's guidelines with some success.

Is it too early for me to learn how to calculate FMV? I have not yet found the formula.

What are the next steps that I need to learn in TA (before learning to calculate FMV) to be a more effective technical trader?
DEAR KLEWTAR/VISHU MAHAJAN,
(FAIR MARKET VALUE)
ANSWERS ARE VERY SIMPLE,BUT THESE REQUIRE VERY HIGH LEVAL OF CONCENTRATION
WHEN WE GET THEM FREE OF COST(without doing any hard work)THEN WE DONT UNDER STAND THE VALUE OF THAT ANSWER
BUT WHEN WE GET THAT ANSWER WITH OUR OWN EFFORT ,ONLY THEN WE CAN UNDER STAND THE VALUE OF THAT ANSWER
HOW FAIR MARKET VALUE IS CALCULATED,ITS ANSWER IS VERY SIMPLE
I AM SURE ALL THE LEARNERS OF MY THREAD NEW IT
IF I GIVE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION.ALL WILL SAY --THIS WAS THE ANSWER--YES I KNEW IT VERY WELL-BUT I NEVER CONCENTRATED ON IT
AND FOR HIM THIS ANSWER WILL BECOME---GHAR KEE MURGI DAL BARABAR
THATS WHY I AM NOT GIVING ANSWER OF HOW TO CALCULATE FAIR MARKET VALUE
BUT NOW ONE CLEAR HINT FOR ALL THE VIEWRS OF MY THREAD
IT ---IS---JUST---AN---EXPONANTIAL ---MOVING ---AVERAGE!!!!
IF SOME ONE DONT GET ANSWER NOW--IT WILL BE NOT MY FAULT
JUST---CONCENTRATE---CONCENTRATE---CONCENTRATE---CONCENTRATE

dear rajeevji,
.......in last two month i have worked very hard to improve my mts,so that it can help me to achieve my target in next six and a half month.

.....i wil be glad if you can tell some thing about your educt background and in which city you are settled.....
Dear Ashwani,

I was born & brought up in Rajasthan, and completed post graduate degree in management from BITS, Pilani. Have worked in several companies & places. Last 12 years I am in Chennai, lucky to be working for the most reputed engineering & construction company of India. I have two sons, one working & another doing engineering. After retirement I plan to settle in Gurgaon so have purchased a flat there. I enjoy reading, finance, computers & excel; and I am religious

In my experience, Buy & hold investing has had many ups & downs (eg the 2008 slump) for me so I am attracted to trading.

MY BEST WISHES TO YOU FOR SUCCESS IN YOUR MISSION.

warm regards

Rajeev

PS: And like you I also work hard on whatever I take up. I travel to Delhi at least two or three times in a year and we could meet also.

Status
Not open for further replies.