how much return you expect from commodity market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashwaniji, this thread is excellent. Just stumbled across and have gone through the first 5 pages. I do not have any knowledge about trading and wanted to learn. Very soon I hope to learn and start trading commodities. Many thanks for starting this thread and contributing to it regularly.
And ofcourse all the other people involved in this thread.
Cheers!
Feroze

Ashwaniji, this thread is excellent. Just stumbled across and have gone through the first 5 pages. I do not have any knowledge about trading and wanted to learn. Very soon I hope to learn and start trading commodities. Many thanks for starting this thread and contributing to it regularly.
And ofcourse all the other people involved in this thread.
Cheers!
Feroze
you are most welcome dear feroze

prst

another thing i've observed..

spot price of gold in international market is falling every minute, but our gold petal prices are static, not moving much..
can anybody explain the reasoning behind this?

i placed shorting order last week by checking the charts of international spot gold prices, but prices of my gold petal sep contract is not moving much

thanks

sumeetsj

Keeping positions light(no positions actually) as there is a FED meet scheduled today.
Waiting for its outcome..
There could be too much volatility due to news based event like this
another thing i've observed..

spot price of gold in international market is falling every minute, but our gold petal prices are static, not moving much..
can anybody explain the reasoning behind this?

i placed shorting order last week by checking the charts of international spot gold prices, but prices of my gold petal sep contract is not moving much

thanks

As said before only the prices fell like a heap of cards.
Silver almost 10% down in international markets.
Only the cut is not as deep here as $-INR is quoting at 49.50 nearby levels.
Hope all my trader friends took the advice and stayed away from these type of markets..
shall try to post charts soon

Ashwani sir, i wanted to check one thing with you.I remember you mentioned somewhere in this thread long back that we can't mix the different time frames.For ex - 4 hour timeframe can't be mixed with 6 hour or 9 hour timeframe.

example - Suppose we buy a stock by seeing the six hour time frame (the first one at 3:00 pm)...now by 8:00pm also the stock is in upward direction and we will carry forward the move for the next day.Now on the next day if the bears started winning the battle with the bulls and on ist bar for 4 hour (12:00 pm) if it shows the bears are strong , then should we not close the move ? because if we will wait for the first six hour bar to be created at 3:00 pm , may be we will be in loss by that time.

Please clarify.

Today's closing price of GOLDBEES on NSE is 2703 and E-Gold on NSEI is being traded at 2850 for 1GM. Can anyone explain why there is no relation in price of GOLDBEES of NSE and E-Gold of NSEI
sorry i just trade in gold mini future,so i dont have any idea,but in various futures of gold and gold spot price their is always a difference in their price according to their expiry period

Klewtar

I'm short on lead since 108.3 today. I did not have the nerve/psyche to short at 112.35 yesterday even though I received signals to do so. The prices are for October contracts where lead last dipped to Rs~102 and may dip further.

What do senior successful and experienced traders have to say when formulating an exit strategy? Is it time to exit a positional trade/EOD trade when R1 is broken (I think this is the answer) or time to exit only when R3 is broken?

I'm short on lead since 108.3 today. I did not have the nerve/psyche to short at 112.35 yesterday even though I received signals to do so. The prices are for October contracts where lead last dipped to Rs~102 and may dip further.

What do senior successful and experienced traders have to say when formulating an exit strategy? Is it time to exit a positional trade/EOD trade when R1 is broken (I think this is the answer) or time to exit only when R3 is broken?
16/9 oct lead contract short was opened at 115/-as per five hour time frame which i am presently using.
at five hour time frame current stop loss is still 109/20,which is very high,due to very fast fall in lead.
tommorow stop loss will come down very fast.at 3 o clock and at 8 o clock as per support and resi system of five hour time frame.
but at present at this system of three bar one atr is equal to 1500/-
in the morning at hourly bar,from high of, 11 o clock ,keep a distance of 1500/-as your trailing stop loss(high+1500)then at every hour do the same
if stop loss come down reduce but if in next hour BAR, stop loss increases ,dont increase,repeat it till your stop loss does not triger
IN THIS WAY YOU WILL BE MECHNICAL AND IN THE MOVE ALSO AND SAFE ALSO and you will get a major portion of your profits earned.
(AS PER ONE HOUR TIME FRAME YOUR TO DAY SHORT ENTRY IS 100 % PERFECT !!!)
(AND YOUR YESTER DAY SIGNAL WAS ALSO 100 % PERFECT !!!)
SO I ADVISE YOU TO USE THIS SYSTEM FOR YOUR FUTURE ENTRIES ALSO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.