Open Session

columbus

Did open session solve the problems ,it was really intended to? Doubtful.
Simply the action at 0900 has shifted to 0915.
Moreover Govt is losing the TAX (From 0900 to 0915).

It's a step in the right direction by the SEBI to have a call auction in the morning. This is a worldwide practice followed by major stock exchanges around the world. It is there to help prevent freakish opening in the stocks.

It's a step in the right direction by the SEBI to have a call auction in the morning. This is a worldwide practice followed by major stock exchanges around the world. It is there to help prevent freakish opening in the stocks.
Hello,

Does anyone know if and how a retail investor can send orders to participate in the open call auction on the BSE?

Thanks, Vector.

I have heard that the exchange membership is expensive. Also, I think there should be member provinding DMA sort of access to third parties.Any idea what would take to become a BSE memeber and if any members that provide third party access so that one can partake in the auctions?

Thanks Raj. I had been through that already and is a bit expensive. Do you know of affordable ways to get access to auction trading? I would think a sub-broker or for that matter even a client of any member broker should have access to the morning call session.