Thought for the day

niftyoption

costly rakhi in the present market................. :D

niftyoption

Story of a thief who became a monk

Once Swami Vivekananda was wandering in Rishikesh, there he met a very advanced Monk Yogi. Swami Vivekananda and the Monk got very close and became good friends very quickly.

The Monk asked Swamiji "Dear Swami, have you heard of Pavhari Baba?"
Swami replied "Yes, I have heard of him, he is a great sage."
"Then have you heard of the story of a thief who tried to steal from Pavhari Baba?" asked the Monk

"Yes, Babaji chased him and said 'all these are yours please take them all' and gave him whatever was left" replied Swami.
"Yes, I was that thief" replied the Monk.

Swamiji was surprised by what he heard and it made him think how good deeds can change our lives towards good. A remarkable lesson indeed.

Remarkable incidents

Pvahari Baba was noted for his polite and kind behaviour. When he met Vivekananda he used expressions like "this servant", "my honour" etc which surprised and pleased Vivekananda. People also used to admire his humility and spirit of welfare.

Swami Nikhilananda mentioned an incident in his book Vivekananda: a biography. Once a dog ran away with a piece of bread from Pavhari Baba's hermitage which he kept as his food. Baba chased the dog, praying: "Please wait; my Lord; let me butter the bread for you".

According to same biography of Nikhilananda, once a Cobra bit him, while he was suffering terrible pain, his remark was: "Oh, he was a messenger from my beloved."

One night when Pavhari Baba was sleeping, a thief entered his hermitage. When he just finished stealing things, Pavhari Baba woke up. The thief got frightened and started running leaving his bundle where he stored all the stolen things. Pavhari Baba chased the thief, caught him and requested him with folded hands to accept the goods which he had stolen from his hermitage saying: "All these are yours, my God". The thief was highly surprised after being addressed as "God" and felt remorse for the crime he had just committed. This incident changed the thief and he later became Pavhari Baba's disciple and gradually a saint himself.

Meeting with Swami Vivekananda

In January 1890, Swami Vivekananda[c] went to Ghazipur to meet Pavhari Baba. In a letter dated 21 January 1890, Vivekananda wrote

I reached Ghazipur three days ago... I again had a great mind to go over to Kashi, but the object of my coming here, namely, an interview with the Babâji (Pavhari Baba, the great saint), has not yet been realised, and. hence the delay of a few days becomes necessary.

In the next letter dated 31 January 1890, Vivekananda wrote about Baba's unwillingness to meet people. In the very next letter written just four days later, on 4 February 1890, Vivekananda informed that he had met Baba.

In that letter Vivekananda wrote:

...through supreme good fortune, I have obtained an interview with Babaji. A great sage indeed! — It is all very wonderful, and in this atheistic age, a towering representation of marvelous power born of Bhakti and Yoga!

:clap::clap::clapping::clapping::clap::clap:

Source : Wikipedia and Internet

niftyoption

An incident from Ramakrishna & Vivekananda, story of true love

Narendra (Swami Vivekananda) had just lost his father and was in lot of debt. Once Ramakrishna Paramahansa was talking with Narendra and other few disciples. During the conversation Ramakrishna said to a devotee who was rich "Narendra has lost his father, his family is in trouble, it would be great if his friends help him in this time of need."

After that rich fellow left the place, Naren who was angry said to his Guru Ramakrishna "Why did you have to tell him all that?", he was angry for his pride and his family's esteem were hurt.

Seeing Naren hurt, Ramakrishna with tears in his eyes said "Naren, don't you know I'm ready to do anything for you? I will go from house to house begging for you."

Naren knew his master truly meant it, touched by the love of the saint he wept and felt ashamed of his behavior.

niftyoption

స్వామివివేకానంద నిజజీవితములో జరిగిన ఈ యధర్ధగాధ చదవండి :

నిర్లజ్జ కలిగి ఉండుట,సిగ్గులేనితనం,క్రూరమైన,మూర్ఖమైన,ఇవి అన్నీ కలసిన మనుషులను మనము ఈ లొకములో చుస్తూ వుంటాము,పేదవారిపట్ల చులకన భావము వుండటము,సాధు సజ్జనుల పట్ల హీనమైన భావము కలిగివుండి,ఇతరులతో భోజనము పంచుకోకుండా తానే తినేవాడు,అలాగే రూపము, వేషధారణ చూసి తక్కువగా అంచనావేసేవాడు,వయసులో చిన్నవానికి తమకంటే తక్కువ తెలుసునని అనుకునేవాళ్ళు,మనమే గొప్ప చదువుకున్నవారమని,ఒక్కొక్కసారి మన అహంకారము వల్ల గొప్ప మహనీయుని అవమానిచే అస్కారం వుంది, అహంకారము వినాశనహేతువు ....
A True Story from Swami Vivekananda Ji 's Life

Once Swami Vivekananda had to travel in a train, a disciple of his got him a second class ticket in the train. There was a rich business man sitting in the next seat. It was summer and it was very hot even inside a moving train. The rich man was preparing and drinking cool drinks, he was also having sweets.
Seeing swami tired, the rich man thought of giving him an advice "You know, why don't you work and earn money like me? Then you can also eat, drink and have all comforts." Swami hadn't eaten anything from 2 days, he kept quiet.

Both of them were getting down at the same station, as they were about to get down, a sweet meat seller was waiting at the door with a tray full of sweets and delicious food. As soon as Swami got down he offered Swami a chair he had brought and gave him the tray full of food to eat.

Swami asked him "Why are you giving me all these?"
The man replied "In the afternoon while I was having a nap, Lord Rama appeared to me in the dream and told me to give food to his starving devotee." Swami shed tears of joy, for the love God shows on his devotees is so sweet.

Last edited:
Story of a thief who became a monk

Once Swami Vivekananda was wandering in Rishikesh, there he met a very advanced Monk Yogi. Swami Vivekananda and the Monk got very close and became good friends very quickly.

The Monk asked Swamiji "Dear Swami, have you heard of Pavhari Baba?"
Swami replied "Yes, I have heard of him, he is a great sage."
"Then have you heard of the story of a thief who tried to steal from Pavhari Baba?" asked the Monk

"Yes, Babaji chased him and said 'all these are yours please take them all' and gave him whatever was left" replied Swami.
"Yes, I was that thief" replied the Monk.

Swamiji was surprised by what he heard and it made him think how good deeds can change our lives towards good. A remarkable lesson indeed.

Remarkable incidents

Pvahari Baba was noted for his polite and kind behaviour. When he met Vivekananda he used expressions like "this servant", "my honour" etc which surprised and pleased Vivekananda. People also used to admire his humility and spirit of welfare.

Swami Nikhilananda mentioned an incident in his book Vivekananda: a biography. Once a dog ran away with a piece of bread from Pavhari Baba's hermitage which he kept as his food. Baba chased the dog, praying: "Please wait; my Lord; let me butter the bread for you".

According to same biography of Nikhilananda, once a Cobra bit him, while he was suffering terrible pain, his remark was: "Oh, he was a messenger from my beloved."

One night when Pavhari Baba was sleeping, a thief entered his hermitage. When he just finished stealing things, Pavhari Baba woke up. The thief got frightened and started running leaving his bundle where he stored all the stolen things. Pavhari Baba chased the thief, caught him and requested him with folded hands to accept the goods which he had stolen from his hermitage saying: "All these are yours, my God". The thief was highly surprised after being addressed as "God" and felt remorse for the crime he had just committed. This incident changed the thief and he later became Pavhari Baba's disciple and gradually a saint himself.

Meeting with Swami Vivekananda

In January 1890, Swami Vivekananda[c] went to Ghazipur to meet Pavhari Baba. In a letter dated 21 January 1890, Vivekananda wrote

I reached Ghazipur three days ago... I again had a great mind to go over to Kashi, but the object of my coming here, namely, an interview with the Babâji (Pavhari Baba, the great saint), has not yet been realised, and. hence the delay of a few days becomes necessary.

In the next letter dated 31 January 1890, Vivekananda wrote about Baba's unwillingness to meet people. In the very next letter written just four days later, on 4 February 1890, Vivekananda informed that he had met Baba.

In that letter Vivekananda wrote:

...through supreme good fortune, I have obtained an interview with Babaji. A great sage indeed! — It is all very wonderful, and in this atheistic age, a towering representation of marvelous power born of Bhakti and Yoga!

Source : Wikipedia and Internet
:clap::clap: