Trading With CrossOver And BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavantGarde

Thanks Doc,

Ok, Here Is An Important Part Of BB As An Indicator Not Discussed Yet, But Fits The Bill On The Chart

When One Is Long & Upper BB Is Pierced By The First Green Bar & Second Bar Touches Or Pierces But Is Red Bar Then, It Is Time Exit Long Position.

Similarly, If The Second Bar Is Green Then Chances Are It Will Breakout On The Upside.

Same Goes For The Bottom BB

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Captain Here Is Today's Intra-Day Chart:

docvijay4u

Captain But There Are Few Instances Where Prices Drop Suddenly With Out Prior Warning. So Need Your Guidance On S/L Method, Add Lot And Profit Booking For Improvement.

Thanks.:)

Thanks.
Thanks Doc,

Ok, Here Is An Important Part Of BB As An Indicator Not Discussed Yet, But Fits The Bill On The Chart

When One Is Long & Upper BB Is Pierced By The First Green Bar & Second Bar Touches Or Pierces But Is Red Bar Then, It Is Time Exit Long Position.

Similarly, If The Second Bar Is Green Then Chances Are It Will Breakout On The Upside.

Same Goes For The Bottom BB

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

prasadam

savant ji.

here is the chart. booked partial profit on seeing BB piercing. ( bearish bar after bullish bar) at 3709.
( based on the post by columbus in the thread Bollinger Bands)

waited for the uptrend to continue with the second lot.

please show how to improve the method.

eagerly waiting for inputs.

SavantGarde

Doc,

The 2.00 PM Bar Is A Big Green Bar That Touched The BB Followed By Red Bar That Also Touched The BB, The Completion Of The Second Red Bar Should Have Been Exit For The Long Postion, This Something That Happens On EOD Charts Also, In A Way On One Day You Will See The Upper BB Pierced & The Following Day It Goes Up Piercing The Upper BB Again Before Falling Like A Stone.

Check It Out On EOD Charts

Also A Trailing S/L Would Be Useful For Intraday, But Will Need To Work Out What Would Be A Good Trailing S/L

Will Let You Guys Know, If I Come Up With Something On Trailing S/L For Intraday Or Perhaps Something Else.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Captain But There Are Few Instances Where Prices Drop Suddenly With Out Prior Warning. So Need Your Guidance On S/L Method, Add Lot And Profit Booking For Improvement.

Thanks.:)

Thanks.

SavantGarde

Hi Prasad,

The Third Last Bar Is Unusual In The Sense It Doesn't Happen Very Often That We Have Such A Huge Slide In 15 Mins. That Was Purely Badluck, Almost Like TV Channels Flashed Some Bad News By The Finance Minister.
It Is A Rare Ocurrence But Happens Once In A Way.

But Keep In Mind About BB Piercing Or Touching If The 2nd Bar Is Red & Touched Or Pierced Upper BB Then It Is An Exit Of Long Position, If The 2nd Bar After Having Touched Or Pierced Is Green Then It Has More Leg & Will Breakout On The Upside.

You Have Both These Happen Today On The Charts Posted By You.

What I Have Outlined Above Happens Irrespective In Any Kind Of Market, Therefore One Should Be Aware Of It Along With Other Things.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

savant ji.

here is the chart. booked partial profit on seeing BB piercing. ( bearish bar after bullish bar) at 3709.
( based on the post by columbus in the thread Bollinger Bands)

waited for the uptrend to continue with the second lot.

please show how to improve the method.

eagerly waiting for inputs.

prasadam

Hi Prasad,

The Third Last Bar Is Unusual In The Sense It Doesn't Happen Very Often That We Have Such A Huge Slide In 15 Mins. That Was Purely Badluck, Almost Like TV Channels Flashed Some Bad News By The Finance Minister.
It Is A Rare Ocurrence But Happens Once In A Way.

But Keep In Mind About BB Piercing Or Touching If The 2nd Bar Is Red & Touched Or Pierced Upper BB Then It Is An Exit Of Long Position, If The 2nd Bar After Having Touched Or Pierced Is Green Then It Has More Leg & Will Breakout On The Upside.

You Have Both These Happen Today On The Charts Posted By You.

What I Have Outlined Above Happens Irrespective In Any Kind Of Market, Therefore One Should Be Aware Of It Along With Other Things.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde
savant ji.

this is the post of columbus I am refering to.

***********************************************************************************************
This thread has started 1 months back ,and during the course of time some silent features have emerged apart from basic rule.

Basic rule: Go long when lower band is pierced ,exit when top band
pierced again.Conversely go short when top band is pierced ,exit when
lower band is pierced again.
In both the cases the middle line (SMA-20) acts as trailing stop loss.

Points to remember:
There are 2 aspects of BB grazing and BB piercing.BB grazing means the
trend is continuing.
BB piercing means end of trend ,you look out for TWIN bars of different colours.(on small TF)
When on LONG look out for Green & Red bars.
When on SHORT look out for Red & Green bars.

prasadam

Hi Prasad,

This The Precise Reason I Keep RELIANCE, ONGC & Others Which Have Huge Weightage On NF On The Watch.

Also, You Are Blending Flow With Crossover, Or Else You Would Have Been Out With Both Lots When You Exited Around 3709 & Probably Reversed Position At The Same Time, In My Opinion, Whatever Little I Know Of Flow Having Seen Some Charts, Doesn't Work Too Well On Volatile Days & Therefore, One Should Know When To Blend It & When Not To.

Would Like To See The Intraday Chart If Possible For You To Post It.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde
No, sir. I am not blending anything. Flow traders mind is so compartmentalised that even though they are having long position in positional trade in a particular scrip, they can take reverse position in intra day trades, in the same scrip.

No, question of blending. But, in order to have a stoploss, and in the absence of a suitable alternative I am using opening bar as stoploss.nothing beyond that.

awaiting your feed back on stoploss and profit booking strategies.

vicky_ag

Prasad,

In trading it is said " Three makes a pair". Sounds strange, doesn't it.

In the calssical candlestick continuation pattern, three of any kind should just further movement in the given direction:

Three red rosella's (bears/ red candles) signals a bearish mindset.

Three green soldiers(bullish/ green candles) signal bullish market.

As, I have already pointed out in one of my posts, candlestick seem to have little effect on NF. (Other than the rare Doji candle, which in any case, forex or NF would signal a reversal. Immediate or Delayed.)
Doc.

again dilemma.

4 consecutive bearish bars. If next bar opens as bullish bar, what to do?

book partial profit? or just wait out for crossover?

Status
Not open for further replies.