how to come out of losing streak?

S

sophia_here

Re: how to come out of loosing streak?

u have to use ABS aggressive bulls strategy - According to it, whether u long or go short, keep ur mind ready to lose certain amount of money. Thereafter go aggressively on ur profits

Subscribe to Malhotra Investments tips service...

They even come and give u a shave at home :) after all they are the topaz blades people :)
That was a great wisecrack with loads of wisdom behind it. Could not resist laughing aloud. It means basically there are no free lunches to traders and do your own homework.

rajuwaste

Hi friends,
I am not blessed as much like some of the bright people in this site.One of my friend told me money is not generated in trading it is only circulated in between lot of people are earning in the form of salary(brokerage,communication service providers (like mobile,internet,phone),tips & advisory service,media,hotel,tea shops ....These services get their share of money from the money circulated in the market.Remaining money is for few people only.So the truth is everybody can't be winner(it may be 1 out of 100).I am also afraid is it possible to reach the level of smartness like some of the intelligent people in this site.

:eek:

U

uasish

It does not need smartness,think how many times you can flip a coin to head or tail constantly,plz do it actually & you will find as the No. of tosses increases the Head to Tail ratio tries to come nearer to 50:50,plz try it once in your lifetime then only then this truth will Hit you like a Thunder Bolt.
So when other things are constant the Head to Tail ratio will try to negate each other.

1) Other things have to be constant,means a SPECIFIC METHODOLOGT /SET - UP ;no change no adjustments,stick to only ONE SCRIP having good liquidity good range.
2)Start half qty in loosing streaks.
Now crudely the Hit Ratio is taken care off by increasing the population,next comes Risk Reward ratio ,so in wins we have to have Rewards more than Risk so even if the Hit ratio is 50:50 we are Monetary wise in Plus side,not 50:50.

Just crudly i am trying to bring back the approach.

Read and Re-read and re-read "Trading in the Zone" - Mark Douglas.
The key to success lies there.

Stop trading as stated in earlier posts by seniors. Get the 5 fundamental truths ingrained in the psyche. Perhaps like me you too are suffering from a negative self image in a sub-conscious way.

Trading is nothing more than your beliefs in action.

I am benefitting a lot from the book.
I have shelved success and profits for a later part till I get the foundation in the place

Hope this 2paise bit helps.

AW10

Read and Re-read and re-read "Trading in the Zone" - Mark Douglas.
The key to success lies there.

Stop trading as stated in earlier posts by seniors. Get the 5 fundamental truths ingrained in the psyche. Perhaps like me you too are suffering from a negative self image in a sub-conscious way.

Trading is nothing more than your beliefs in action.

I am benefitting a lot from the book.
I have shelved success and profits for a later part till I get the foundation in the place

Hope this 2paise bit helps.
I would add to bamks's post that not just read Trading in the zone.. but take action and implement the methods suggested there. Otherwise, u will qualify to become trading psychology consultant and not a trader.

Happy trader

Ali 001,

When i lost few Lacks in day trading & was in my early trading carrer i also was in this state,now in a slightly better stage becoz of few Wins in between the looses.
At that time got an email reply from the famous 'Larry Williams' ,where i stated my problems he just gave a 1 line answer Reverse your trades.I was truly angry & frustrated with his reply.Later on after few days when my anger subsided i realised 2 things from his reply.
1) The opposite trades ,if i would have done could make my negative Ledger to a positive Ledger with the same loss amount would have been the profit amount.So one can earn from Mkt.
2) I was getting my direction of Trades Wrong.

Plz try to fathom out how to get the direction right 7-8 out of 10 times.

Asish

he guy's
I am still strugling to pin-point what exactly is the reson for my losses. meanwhile if you guy's can see any thing in my quaterly statements let me now as i can see the hell wax broked on me i had the 1 but big loss

Ali

Last edited:

To help you we need to know as how you arrive at a trading decision. What conditions made you buy/sell??