REQD DEVELOPER FOR AUTO TRADING PLUGIN for AMIBROKER to NEST TRADER....!!!!

NJ23

Auto trade plugin are not strictly legal per se... Leave aside the mock trading part.... Consequences can be a fine of rs. 50k by NSE
And how would anyone find a non-compliance?

NJ23

Cant really comment on that..can only suggest what is right..
Auto trade plugin are not strictly legal per se... Leave aside the mock trading part.... Consequences can be a fine of rs. 50k by NSE
:):) Alright, but what do you have to say about those plug ins of sorts provided by Omnesys with APIs with which we can semi-automate on non dealer terminals and completely automate on dealer terminals?

NJ23

Keeping an algo system running everyday is a full time job. Amount of work that goes behind the scenes to prep a platform for running on next day is brutal enough to destroy all trader's time and in average confines, you would be spending close to 14 to 16 hours a day before a computer (incl. trading time).
Can you elaborate why would that time be required? What has been your experience in terms of the behind the scene work(what do you mean by that, to be precise)?

mechtrader

Keeping an algo system running everyday is a full time job. Amount of work that goes behind the scenes to prep a platform for running on next day is brutal enough to destroy all trader's time and in average confines, you would be spending close to 14 to 16 hours a day before a computer (incl. trading time).
I would like to differ here.
If you have carefully devised your system keeping in mind the concepts of
1) curve fitting
2) over optimization
3) used filtered data
4) performed out of sample analysis
5) diversified it enough
6) correct position sizing
7) correct risk management
8) taken into account all kinds of slippages and taxes

If you have done the above correctly, then you dont need to worry too much about its performance. About 80- 85% of the times it will extrapolate its backtested equity graph. Yes, u will need to monitor the system regularly i.e. maybe once in a month (i do it once in three months). It in no ways means that we have to spend 14-16 hours in front of our computer.
I have days when i donot even look at my trading terminal at all.
But yes, I do tend to do alot of research about finding new market inefficiencies.. but thats only till 3:30.

I hope it clears some of the misconceptions.

Regards,
MT

NJ23

1) curve fitting
2) over optimization
3) used filtered data
5) diversified it enough

If you have done the above correctly, then you dont need to worry too much about its performance. About 80- 85% of the times it will extrapolate its backtested equity graph. Yes, u will need to monitor the system regularly i.e. maybe once in a month (i do it once in three months). It in no ways means that we have to spend 14-16 hours in front of our computer.
But yes, I do tend to do alot of research about finding new market inefficiencies.. but thats only till 3:30.

Regards,
MT
Thanks, that's my view exactly. But may be, he has some complex systems which would require additional work everyday. If you're working on developing new systems, it can be understood that this much time is spent, although not required unless there's resource hungry optimization to be done. Getting your gear ready everyday should not be more than 15 minutes(at worst) if it's just logging into everything.

mastermind007

1) curve fitting
2) over optimization
3) used filtered data
5) diversified it enough

Regards,
MT
I said "keeping the algo system running", not "designing the algo system"..
Two different verbs; Two different implications...