TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software)

DSM

Re: TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software

Reliance Jio expands its trial phase to retailers - Moulishree Srivastava

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...-trial-phase-to-retailers-116060400002_1.html

Reliance Jio has expanded its by-invitation trial offer to its retailers. While the company has no immediate plans to open up the Jio service to consumers, it has launched a programme under which retailers will be able to offer a limited number of Jio connections to customers buying Lyf handsets. Reliance Digital and Reliance Digital Xpress stores have been given a limited number of invitations that can be used to refer customers interested in buying the Lyf phone with the Reliance Jio 4G connection. Moreover, there is a cap on the invitations that can be given to a particular Reliance Digital store per day.

According to sector sources, Jio is sitting on an inventory of more than two million Lyf handsets it imported last Diwali. The move could be aimed at clearing the inventory. The Reliance Digital and Reliance Digital Xpress stores the Business Standard spoke to in Bengaluru, Delhi, and Mumbai said the process continued to be based on invitations, but now they could provide invitations to walk-in customers. Retailers were given five to nine invitations to begin with to keep the load on the network in check, sources said. This was happening under Jio's new scheme called the Retailer Referral Programme, which allowed retailers to refer customers as they walked into stores and allowed them to buy the handset with the 4G service, sources inside the company said.

"As of now, we have received nine invitations. If a customer comes in to buy a Lyf handset with a Reliance Jio 4G connection, we can use these invitations," said Jasvinder Sondh, a sales executive at a Reliance Digital Xpress store in Mumbai. "But the internal process is the same. It is still an invitation-based system," he added. Yogesh, sales executive handling Lyf phones in a Reliance Digital store in Bengaluru, said, "A customer can come to our store and we can provide the invitation internally. This way, he can buy the phone with Jio 4G."

What this means is Reliance Jio has not launched its 4G service commercially and the move is designed to expand its trial phase. There is no clarity whether the company will announce tariff plans after providing free service for three months. Industry analysts have found Lyf handsets overpriced when compared to other brands' handsets with comparable hardware specifications. "Jio's Lyf branded handset has lower specifications than similarly priced handsets in the market. Build quality of the handset is also not encouraging, especially in light of launches by Chinese players like Xiaomi, Le Eco and Oppo," said Sandip Agarwal and Pranav Kshatriya of Edelweiss Securities in a note dated May 10. "Even Indian players like Micromax, Karbonn and Intex offer higher specifications at similar price points," the added.

A research report by IIFL Institutional Equities said, "The handsets are sturdy but are 40-60 per cent overpriced compared with better specced Chinese smartphones, which could inhibit their intake during the trial period. With Indian consumers increasingly focusing on superior hardware quality at low prices and decreasing shelf life of smartphone variants available, this could spell trouble for the company."

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Re: TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software

Finally, got Hathway Broadband installed. Below is the speed test results.

hi dsm ji,
thanks to this post of yours, I understood that cable broadbands is faster than wireless ones.
finally ditched reliance netconnect+ as it was not getting upgraded to 4g.

got YOU BB , 100Mbps ,400gb data for 3months, total charges 2033 .
this is the speed test results.

DSM

WOW!!! That's awesome speed!!! Congrats. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Which city are you in?

hi dsm ji,

Thanks to this post of yours, I understood that cable broadbands is faster than wireless ones.
finally ditched reliance netconnect+ as it was not getting upgraded to 4g.

got YOU BB , 100Mbps ,400gb data for 3months, total charges 2033 .
this is the speed test results.

vijkris

Learner and Follower

WOW!!! That's awesome speed!!! Congrats. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Which city are you in?
thanks
Hyderabad.

I forgot to mention that installation was free.
but they did not supply modem. :(
attached the wire directly to desktop.
I already had dlink wifi router, so configured the same and now getting hi speed wifi also :rofl:

I hope their service is hassle free.

I have a Win - 7 o/s and now Microsoft is pestering me to upgrade to Win-10 free of charge ( free till 29/7/16).

Has anybody used win-10? Should I accept the offer and upgrade? How is the performance of win-10? Any other care that I should take?

Pl. help!

DSM

I too have Win7, but no issues about upgrade. You have to analyze the pros and cons..... after sometime Microsoft will stop upgrading/servicing Win7 though.

I have a Win - 7 o/s and now Microsoft is pestering me to upgrade to Win-10 free of charge ( free till 29/7/16).

Has anybody used win-10? Should I accept the offer and upgrade? How is the performance of win-10? Any other care that I should take?

Pl. help!

vijkris

Learner and Follower

Pl. help!
I m enjoyin win 10 as of now. upgrade it for free as early as possible. no license key is required as such.

keep bootable win 7 and win 10 dvd for safety purpose.

DSM

VijKris,

What are the advantages of Win10 over Win7 from a user perspective?

I m enjoyin win 10 as of now. upgrade it for free as early as possible. no license key is required as such.

keep bootable win 7 and win 10 dvd for safety purpose.

vijkris

Learner and Follower

VijKris,

What are the advantages of Win10 over Win7 from a user perspective?
i feel its a lifetime opportunity as we r getting latest software for free. also once upgraded our pc's hardware details is stored in microsoft's server thus eliminating the use of license keys. even if we reinstall(i already did once), windows is pre activated.
i m not a technical guy so my answers will be in layman terms.

advantages:
1. extremely fast boot up.
2. good looking
3. nice start menu.
4. task manager has more info.
5.many good apps available in windows store like news , weather etc.
6. multiple desktop/screen facility. i didn use much.
7. real-time notifications abt new mails etc.

disadvantages
1. it eats lot of data and updates on its own. make sure u have lot of data balance.
2. privacy issues- it sends lot of data/info to microsoft. one has to change settings manually. i didn change any.
3. compulsory to have hotmail account i think, i may be wrong also. i use live.com account for login to pc.
4. didn find a way to limit data usage if lan/dongle is used.

as i was not sure if any bugs are there in win 10 so for safety purpose installed win 7 in another partition as well.
now both r running nicely.

Snake.Head

disadvantages
1. it eats lot of data and updates on its own. make sure u have lot of data balance.
2. privacy issues- it sends lot of data/info to microsoft. one has to change settings manually. i didn change any.
4. didn find a way to limit data usage if lan/dongle is used.
All those can be taken care of by O&O ShutUp10 and is Freeware :cool:
win 10 is one of most stable build of windows i have come across :thumb:

3. compulsory to have hotmail account i think, i may be wrong also. i use live.com account for login to pc.
I am using local account so no need to tie of your Microsoft account.
Microsoft account is required if you want to use win10 in build app from Microsoft store.