1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures - Bac

Whether the latest MTP v2.2 tool is useful?

• YES. The tool helps to take safe positions using FLOW and Renko Charts

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • NO. The tool is not useful

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

healthraj

Re: 1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures -

Dear Raj can you help me build a screener of a list of stocks with EOD data downloaded starting from a custom date till today EOD ? entire process at a touch of a button.
I think I developed two tools one the RAJ Stock Screener and the OTP (One Trade per tool). I have lost track of those tools. May be somebody who has downloaded like Timepass should be able to help here.

healthraj

Re: 1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures -

yes you are right we can dream like this to become coredpathi but practically not possible.i am not discouraging the thread but so many postings i am wondered.
I do not intend to post discouraging comment regarding this. In TJ so many people have started thread like this wherein millions were supposed to be made in a year! All have become history! In share market,theoratically anything looks possible but reality is otherwise. Making money in shares and commodities is not easy. It is a full time business just like any other and requires capital,time and dedication apart from developing knowledge and skill in that.Anyway,all the very best!!:D
Yes you guys are absolutely right. But We have to dream BIG. Only BIG Dreams lead to success. I started this tool before 5 years. So in the process I have learnt a lot, developed a lot of tools for the TJ members (Once again for learning purpose). I am sure there are a lot of folks who have benefitted by the tools at least from the theoretical perspective.

Take it with a pinch of salt. Theoretically speaking the strategy I had discussed in the beginning of this thread is workable if you have the right mindset. So the important thing is to develop that mindset by continuous learning.

onlinegtrash

Yes you guys are absolutely right. But We have to dream BIG. Only BIG Dreams lead to success. I started this tool before 5 years. So in the process I have learnt a lot, developed a lot of tools for the TJ members (Once again for learning purpose). I am sure there are a lot of folks who have benefitted by the tools at least from the theoretical perspective.

Take it with a pinch of salt. Theoretically speaking the strategy I had discussed in the beginning of this thread is workable if you have the right mindset. So the important thing is to develop that mindset by continuous learning.
It doesn't matter whether the title is possible or not, what matter's is the truth and lessons.
Even if one has a losing strategy it's immensely valuable if the person makes a journal and tries to understand why it never worked... only big dreams give enough energy to start an investigation towards reality cross big hurdles of endless pain/losses. Whenever I see a lost trade, I see it as loss only if I have nothing to learn from it, as long as something is there to learn then it's good I have learned now with small tuition fee (or else the mistake is going to bite my ass in future and take away even bigger money!).

So all efforts towards learning and truth is great !!!

Hi Fellow traders,

Have attached the screenshot of the error I am getting while trying to refresh the OAT (Options chain analyzer) excel. Can someone please help ? :(

Technical Specs. : Win 8.1, Excel 2013

ERROR OAT.png

Helllo Friends,

Please provide latest working to download link for this raj nifty index and stock trading v1.2 excel system
Thanks in advance

Hi raj, i want to ask you a question, How did you develop this trading strategy, please quote the book name, i want to have a look on the book .. thank you

healthraj

Hi raj, i want to ask you a question, How did you develop this trading strategy, please quote the book name, i want to have a look on the book .. thank you
The Strategy is not based on any books. It is based on the principle that I have posted in the first post. And based on the NIFTY Data for the past 10 years.

1. NIFTY is Trending only 20-25% of the time and so why always take 20 points Stoploss when 80% of the time you are going to loose. Why not take 7-10 points loss and close the trade if stoploss hit.
2. 20-25% of the time when the market is trending, NIFTY never crosses the opening price by more than 10 points. So in those cases NIFTY always gives on an average 55 points on the LONG side and 77 points on the SHORT Side.
3. 80-20 Principle. 80% of the losses comes from 20% of the trades and so 80% profit can come from 20% of the trades.
4. Why do we need to spend hours before the monitor, while we can spend maximum 30 minutes a day. (15 minutes during opening and 15 minutes during closing)

If you are good at Back testing, Try the above rules on the PAST 10 years data in NIFTY and see what you get.

So the important point is find out whether NIFTY is TRENDING Or not. When NIFTY is TRENDING put your trade with 10 points as the Stoploss using the open price. When NIFTY is not TRENDING, there is no trade.

So if you are able to find if NIFTY is trending or not, then you will hit the jackpot. As NIFTY is trending only 20% of the time, you will trade only 20% of the days.

Let me know if you have some magic indicator which tells whether NIFTY is Trending or not ?

DSM

Dear Raj,

Ref. your quote, Have always been appreciative of your hard work, openess and willingness to help. So here's something for you which you may consider for building a strategy for yourself (not expecting any tool or such from you, as am happy with Trade Tiger, which does the job for me)

The idea is to combine 60M chart along with 20EMA and Pivots. (This EMA is not a magic no. but I feel, which has proved itself over time, but the no. can be changed as per one's liking)

Downward sloping EMA and red (as in TradeTiger) along with break of pivot low singals taking a short position. Opposite for Upward sloping and green with break of pivots highs signals long position.

Since you are good with programming, you can consider this strategy with back-testing. As a guide, index making highs or lows, when the EMA is sloping down or up, indicates a contra trade is possible. Visual guide can be used to analyse the nuances. You are ofcourse good at what you do, but since you asked, thought this could be of help. Good luck.

Let me know if you have some magic indicator which tells whether NIFTY is Trending or not ?