100 trading strategies

Re: Staurt's Advanced Forex Strategy

hi

i feel the reason place the order before market is, not to miss the trade if there is a gap open.

regards

Very good and very simple strategy. I have two doubts

(i) Why order to be placed before opening of trade? do u expect that we may not get the intended price thereafter?

(ii) Will this strategy work for Nifty Futures? Any way I shall try to paper trade

veluri1967

Some have given me feedback that it is actually good to place orders after market open. The reason could be that the open can sometimes be very erratic and too far from yesterday's close. To counter such erratic openings, I suggest the following guidelines to be followed.

1. Watch previous one month data of the scrip in which you are interested to trade. If the opening is in close proximity of yesterday's close, the scrip is right for the trade. If not, leave it for the simple reason that why to risk money on such erratic scrips when there are a lot of scrips which are gentle.

2. Avoid scrips which print lengthy bars especially one up and another down simultaneously. (Exception is that if you are quick to grab the profits, go for it).

3. Better trade in atleast 3 scrips in a day. Odds are better.

Cheers.

My strategy is different. More than 95% of the time I trade in Short Straddles or Short Stranggles. I use only 35 to 40 % total margin money. 10% I keep in broker account. 50% I keep in Bank Fd and I get sanctioned 90% of the FD as overdraft. Rarely I need to use the Overdraft, but still I need for emergency situations. I manage my risk and money properly on various market condition. MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF TRADING IS MONEY MANAGEMENT.I also keep on adjusting my position size in varying degrees if the market move more than 200 points in nifty . Normally I don`t incurr loss and never keep stop loss. For the last 12 months I earned 44-4% = 40% I incurred 4% loss in May month. I earned 44 from 11 months and incurred loss 4% in May. I am satisfied with my return i.e 3% per month on compound basis, which comes roughly 40%. I sell options of the next month. I write next month options when the expiry date of current month is between 28 and 20 days remaining. I dilute my postion in uncetain market conditions. I don`t keep position , if some important news is to come , such as election result, budget day etc. I keep on adding, reducing my positon in different market conditons with proper risk and money management. Making between 35 to 50 % in a year consitently is not bad though more can be made with more risk reward ratio. My formula is almost guarantted because I keep on adjustions my positon in different market condition. I rarely make loss in any month. Profits will vary from month to month. In some month I may get profit 5% , In some month I may get 2 % likewise. Now I am holding my position of Oct month series expiry. I will cover this position between September 25 and October 5 and carry forward of November series. I do like this month after month and year after year

Last edited:

veluri1967

I dilute my postion in uncetain market conditions. I don`t keep position , if some important news is to come , such as election result, budget day etc. I keep on adding, reducing my positon in different market conditons with proper risk and money management.
Hi,

Why care for Stop Loss, when you have brilliant Money Management Strategy.:thumb:

Thanks Munde for contributing.

razx5

Re: Staurt's Advanced Forex Strategy

Here is the strategy which appealed me the most.

kudos to this strategy..practisin this strategy since last 19 trading days in nifty futures..profit of total 118 points..in these 19days only 2days i ended in minus...on 7/10 and 11/10..(-24 and -15 points respectively..5 points added to this bcoz of brokerage+stt)..5days there were no triggers..on 14/10..stoploss hit but aster reversing the trade gained the lost money..so nil..thanx a lot

My strategy is different. More than 95% of the time I trade in Short Straddles or Short Stranggles.
Hi,

Am a new comer in this field interested in option writing. After extensive reading & research have settled on Short strangle & short call b/fly as my preferred strategies. Would like to learn from such a seasoned player like you. Obliged if you can provide your views on the following:

My plan is to write OTM calls/puts (next month series) which gives me a spread of 400/500 points both side on Friday after expiery of current month. Monitor closely & allow them to expire (everything being ok) and start over again. M2M of one leg safe guarding the other leg. Did some studies on last 10 yrs Index datas & found that except for 2008 & some exceptional month like May 2009 (election), this 400/500 points spread is safe to play with.

Do guide me.

Rgds
Sriram

The Forex trading strategy is not complicated and anyone can do it, but if it is executed correctly it can make you triple digit gains or more with very little effort or monitoring.

veluri1967

PRICE ACTION BASED EMA STRATEGY - MICHAEL

Have come across this strategy when googling. So, thought to add to this list. The original strategy was discussed in piecemeal so I try to put in here in sequence as I understood it.

Its a Swing Strategy but requires intraday monitering. Looks similar to SH 315strategy on many issues, but it uses only 3 EMA on EOD candles and nothing else. Suitable for RT data users and Futures players. Not suitable for delivery trades, atleast I think so.

Hi Veluri,

Can you please explain the strategy !!

Thanks
Ganesh

PRICE ACTION BASED EMA STRATEGY - MICHAEL

Have come across this strategy when googling. So, thought to add to this list. The original strategy was discussed in piecemeal so I try to put in here in sequence as I understood it.

Its a Swing Strategy but requires intraday monitering. Looks similar to SH 315strategy on many issues, but it uses only 3 EMA on EOD candles and nothing else. Suitable for RT data users and Futures players. Not suitable for delivery trades, atleast I think so.