60 min Flow in International Commodities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beethoven

i really found it quite difficult to get ieod data for 2 yrs......

somehow got it after so much trouble..... :)

so for all the friends here who want to trade gold, crude, copper, nickel, silver.....and want to sincerely backtest these instruments.....here is my lil gift to all of u :)

2 years ieod data.....4 all dese instruments...........2007 and 2008

http://www. 4 sha red . com/account/dir/11641952/ed6697e5/sharing.html?sId=G6ORP5wsKqoNWsVq
Thanks Neeraj for this. I really wanted this. The time of your post says a lot about your passion for trading:). Take care, my friend
Bee

VJAY

so for all the friends here who want to trade gold, crude, copper, nickel, silver.....and want to sincerely backtest these instruments.....here is my lil gift to all of u :)

http://www. 4 sha red . com/account/dir/11641952/ed6697e5/sharing.html?sId=G6ORP5wsKqoNWsVq
Dear Neeraj,
Thanks for sharing IEOD data for us.Also for these RSi things .it's new for me I will also try to understand it.Thanks for sincere teachings ans charts.Looking forward more from you.

Regards
VJAY

rajendrani

Thanks neeraj for this wonderful data.

Regards,
Rajendrani

Prabhjeet

prabhjeet sir.....please do add if i am missing nething.....or if there is nething that i have stated wrong in above posts....

i have learnt so much from you....this pivot identifying using rsi hav helped me a lot...and u hav much more experience in dis.....please do share about this.....

i will soon try to post some recent charts with reference to rsi.....please do share some of ur charts.....

also i think there r some exceptions in RSi......i will post some recent 1's .... if i am stating dis correct...u also post...

thank u :)

regards

neeraj
Neeraj you have summed up the whole thing in an even better way than I could, very well done.

Just a few things to add, most of the times when using RSI (3) you will see that the our SAR are lot more far than when we are using Aggressive pivots, this is a Trade- off actually, you need to provide a large room to your stock to move and the profits are usually big, so the only thing we will require are the nerves of steel, we have to believe that Pivot stoploss will make us much more money even when there is a large amount of profits lying on Table

Though you have to provide enough room for normal movement but dont put your stops so far away from action that you reverse too late. Now this is one thing that you will get habitual with only once you start Trading any particular security. In my eyes every stock has its own character, some will move giving Pivots that are very near to each other, other stocks will move as if they are never going to correct, but that character of stock I cannot tell anybody, you cannot know it until you know it yourself.

Though I dont use Aggressive Pivots very often but they do have place in my system, once I start to feel that the move is getting too vertical, I will try to use any tiny-miny Pivot that I see near by.

There is also another exit stoploss that I use which takes Volatility into picture. What I usuaaly do is that take the formula Average True Range (20), multiply it by 4 and then my stoploss will be this much far from the Highest high of move and I will keep trailing it behind until hit. Even if its hit and stock starts to move back, we should not feel bad, afterall these are markets but most of the times, you will get stopped only when trend is about to reverse

Prabhjeet

Yesterday I talked about Ranges and asked you that you should wait to start applying the trending methods once these ranges break, but what do we do till then, we cant keep on waiting for weeks to let this range break.

So we use the rules of taking profits that are totally contraindicated when trading Trends and that is to take small profits whenever they are there.

What we have to do is enter on break of a Pivot but not wait until the Pivot stoploss gets taken out, if you wait for that, chances are you will get out taking a loss. I keep a very small objective of say 4-5 pts. for a stock like HDIL, for Nifty it would be around 20 pts. and for Gold it can be around 60 -70 pts. for 60 min. Pivots.

This you can decide for yourself that how many points you take but the but important thing to be kept in mind is that you dont LET YOUR PROFITS RUN over here, its you who have to run with profits.

You can use even RSI (10) and sell as soon as it starts dipping from above 70 or starts rising from below 30, both the methods are equally good

ThE HaMmEr

recent Eg. of using rsi.......

this chart is according to Gold mini march contract......so see the values 4 urself.....

the PH on 29....we shud hav taken the higher high as pl......this is a case of sideways movement forming a ph.....with \/\/ format........

we need a good enuf retracement to consider a pivot valid pivot...not just any retracement........look at 30 jan candles...and a whipsaw pl......it was not a good enuf retracement .. so we shud not hav considered it as pl.....rsi indicator supported.....

and that is what happened...we got ourselves a new pl :)

and finally.....dun consider saturdays...i had mentioned b4 the reason 4 d same.....

regards

neeraj :)

Thanks Prabh, Neeraj and Bee for your valuable suggestions ! those were really helpful..

One doubt .. We'll not be going to use the 2-bar method reversals here?

So our current SAR should be 14288 - filter (goldm - feb) based on the 'Pure' pivot approach..Plese do correct me if I'm wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.