• Family Articles

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • Relationship Articles

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • Behavoiral articles

Votes: 47 26.4%

• Total voters

amitrandive

Trust in the goodness of life. No one event, circumstance, job, or relationship has the power to define who you are, or who you are yet to become. You are stronger than you know. See yourself beyond this situation, moving past this moment and coming out ahead.

Refuse to give in to darkness. You will feel better in time. Believe in your ability to make good things happen again for you. Broaden your thinking. Strengthen your faith. Keep pushing forward, and claim your new destiny. You have something special. You have GREATNESS within you!

Les Brown

amitrandive

Remember, it is not over until you win.

Life offers us abundant opportunities for laughter and tears. Put
the good times in your pocket to SAVOR. The challenging times go to your heart and soul.

Your ability to handle life's challenges is a measure of your strength and character. Remember that NO FAILURE is permanent and defeat is not fatal.

Let me hear you say, "It's NOT OVER 'TIL I WIN!!"

Les Brown

princy01

"I believe that before you get anywhere substantial as a trader, you really have to flush your ego down the toilet and embrace the pain of feeling like a fool, no matter how much it hurts. Most people cannot do this. They may want to, they may talk like they can do it, but they can't. You know how some people talk and talk and you know that talk is all it is, no matter what they say? When it comes to embracing the pain, that's the barrier right there. Most people are WEAK, plain and simple. That's just the way it is. See, what I am saying ADDS UP because it reflects the real world. To make it as a trader you have to be strong, mentally, emotionally and maybe even physically. So why do most people experience long run failure at trading? At the root of it, because they are weak. Period.

So the only real secret is to always treat yourself like a beginner and always be on that hunt for clarity. Thinking is the key whether you have a few rules or a truckload of rules, because thinking things all the way through is the only way to establish those connections deep down in the recesses of your mind. Tips won't do it, specific advice won't do it, generalisms won't do it, because no one knows what your flaws really are but you. If I give you advice in area A but your problem is in area X, nothing is solved. If you yourself don't know where your problem is, you can't hone in on it. All I can say is, don't see the rehaul as an admission of failure- or if you do see it that way, don't be afraid to admit it as failure. Creative destruction is vital. Going back to square one- or square seven, or square fifteen, whatever- is a necessary and vital thing to do. That's one reason why so much market specific or technical specific advice on this board is, in the end, a waste of time. You have all these peeps who have never gone deep in their thought process and never embraced the pain. And I don't care if that sounds like Freud, lack of deep knowledge and lack of trial by fire has real world effects on the trading account, period.

So again I say, thinking is hard, admitting your own inadequacy is hard, backing up the truck is hard, embracing the pain is a ***** kitty. But that's the whole point. This stuff will always be tough, if everyone in the human race were strong and smart and disciplined there would be no one to take the crappy jobs. Mediocrity is like a black hole, you have to fight with all your might not to be sucked in by it. You might be close to breaking through, you might be years away yet. But it may help to know that it depends on your knowledge and your curiosity and your strength to persevere, NOT on some magic bullet. " This is an excerpt from a post by Darkhorse.(I cannot find the link). I think it does a good job at summarizing some important aspects of a traders mindset or what it should ideally be..
Who is the darkhorse sir? A blog or what?

amitrandive

Keep the faith even when you think that things can't get any worse...and they do!! Keep the faith ~ when bills are piling up, collectors are blowing your phone up. You do not have a clue about how you are going to get out of this situation. Keep the faith. Because at any moment your life could change for the better.

Continue to believe in miracles. Continue to stand your ground and work as hard as you can with everything in you. Hold the vision of what you want. Say to yourself ~"No matter how bad it is, or how bad it gets...I'm going to make it!" You have GREATNESS within you!!

Les Brown

amitrandive

Do something about your life now. You know you are sick and tired of being sick and tired. Do not just think about it, look at it and complain about it to whoever will listen. Stop conning yourself into being a volunteer victim, or telling the same old story. You are better than that. It is time to stand up for yourself and your dream.

This is the one and only life that you have. Do not waste it watching someone's life - either on TV, in a movie or reality show. Take your power back, and make a move. Live your life on your terms and create something new in your life. You have GREATNESS within you!

Les Brown

amitrandive

Forgive anyone who has caused you pain or harm. Keep in mind that forgiving is not for others. It is for you. Forgiving is not forgetting. It is remembering without anger. It frees up your power, heals your body, mind and spirit. Forgiveness opens up a pathway to a new place of peace where you can persist despite what has happened to you.

Forgive yourself and create a place of freedom, inner strength and serenity. Affirm to yourself. I am now free. Peace, love, and harmony are within and around me. You have something special. You have GREATNESS within you!

Les Brown