Anyone earned on Nov.18,2008(intraday)

With experience in Screen time & lots of mid-night oil burning plus lots of faliure one can some time earn if not on daily A/C atleast on weekly A/C.
I did earn a little bit today by 12.30 & trailing the Stop over telephone at day's end ,a little bit more.Many a days i also loose.
Sir, thanks for the reply but could u plz be a little specific about how to burn the midnight oil like what to read and what to do for technical analysis. i mean if you could provide a certain direction then we can atleast pick up from there.

Thanks
Nitin

Hi, I'm new to trading. And i have already posted some queries regarding stop loss. I have a question: Did anyone earn in intraday trading on Nov. 18, 2008.
I lost my money. If anyone earned then plz share how did you forsee the large swings on this day.

thanks,
Nitin
=====================================
hi nitin,
i m sharing my trading strategy with u as i do not want u to lose money as i did when i was newbie to stock industry
Just follow this simple but most effective rule......
Trade only on 5 & 8 moving average crosover on 5 min charts.....
Buy when the 5 moving average crosses above 8 moving average...
nd Short when the 5 moving average crosses below 8 moving average...
Always trade only in the direction of the market
This way u will never lose money.....only handsome gains :)
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
Hi Raj,
Thanks for this wonderful reply. Atleast i get some direction from it. Now a basic question: u said 5 and 8 moving avg cross. this is on a 5 min chart. Does this mean that the chart takes 5 5-min interval qoutes, calculates the moving avg and substracts this from 5 8-min interval qoutes moving avg. Also tell me the software that u use and how to do this in any of the brokerage firm's software like Sharekhan and Angel Broking. Is it possible to this on their software or are you using some other software. Plz reply.

shanki99

Raj

I also have heard of 5 and 8 MAs crossovers from Mark Mcrae

-How far this is effective?
-Whats ur experience?
-What is the SL?
-What is the profit booking strategy?
-How many trades u make a day?
-What u use to know the trend of the mkt on a particular day and at the point of time when the trade is abt to be done?
-Is it MA or EMA or other?
-What is ur experience in same period EMA SMA crossovers, eg 20SMA and 20EMA crossovers, if any?

Thanx for ur time

shanki99

Raj

By confirmation, do u mean that the high of the candle (longs), the one which is formed and which shows that the MA has crossed over, should be taken out??

Amazed to see u trade 50 to 100 times...i myself rade 10 to 15 times a day and thinking of reducing it. No u give me an inspiration to do more.

What scrips u usually trade?? This really provides me with a good input since it comes with ur experience...

And the most imp of all is how many charts u simultaneously see/track. I use icharts. I sense that u shld be trading in multiple scrips, since 1 scrip will give u opportunity to trade only couple of times a day. And u shld be pretty fast and furious while in trade. So concentration is the key

And how do u deal with choppy market...otherwise trendless?

Last but not the least..the platform u use for charts and trades

Thanx

rkkarnani

Hi, I'm new to trading. And i have already posted some queries regarding stop loss. I have a question: Did anyone earn in intraday trading on Nov. 18, 2008.
I lost my money. If anyone earned then plz share how did you forsee the large swings on this day.

thanks,
Nitin
hi nitin,
i m sharing my trading strategy with u as i do not want u to lose money as i did when i was newbie to stock industry
Just follow this simple but most effective rule......
Trade only on 5 & 8 moving average crosover on 5 min charts.....
Buy when the 5 moving average crosses above 8 moving average...
nd Short when the 5 moving average crosses below 8 moving average...
Always trade only in the direction of the market
This way u will never lose money.....only handsome gains :)
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
What is your view on an SL in this strategy of 5/8 MA crossover, or are you also on the look out for a plausible SL for this. Please share if u are using any SL.

Yes I earned today , roughly 12 -13% of my capital excluding brokerage, 3 profitable trades and 2 loss making trades , key to earn in stock market = T.A + Money Management

Many traders ignore money management but that is equally important as T.A
12-13 % in a day ??? What % of your capital you risk on each trade ? I have a feeling that you are overtrading so a exercise caution.

Enjoy the money you made. But on a bad day you also loose 12-13 % of your trading a/c ? It sends shivers through my spine .Be careful my friend !!!

Best wishes,

Smart_trade

thanks,
Nitin
Hi Raj,
Is it possible to daytrade using tape reading or charts are necessary?

Thnkx Nitin