Augubhai's diary and notes

How many day trading levels will I complete in 2012? A level is about 100 NF points.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

augubhai

For the record, just made up yesterday's losses...

Over the weekend, I found a few blogs and forum posts where other traders had recorded their Friday day trades.

Here is a comparison against my trades on Friday.

1. Upmove at the beginning of the day
Many traders took this trade and gained between 10-20 points. I was not at the terminal, so could not take this trade. If I was at the terminal, I would probably have taken the trade, but I don't think that I would have booked anything more than 5-6 points.

2. Small upmove from 12:10 onwards
Nobody seemed interested in this expect me. Perhaps, they were anticipating a Breakout failure, or waiting for further comnfirmation to go long. As for me, i was almost desperate to get in, like I was missing a big move. Luckily, I did not take the long for 2 reasons - was not impressed by the volume, and was waiting for the 30 minute bar to complete.

3. Downmove after breakout failure
Most of the traders reported going short at around 5014. I went short 5409.
Most booked profits around 5380. 5380 was also my initial decision point, but I waited and did not cover there.
The remaining booked profits around 5361, above the pin bar. i waited for more confirmation and exited at 5372.
If I had taken the early reversal, I would have netted additional 20 points. Room for improvement.

4. Reversal/Consolidation after 1:50
Most traders were not interested in this. I took the trade at 5374 and exited EOD.

My Thursday trades were Greedy Money trades, and my Friday trades were Scared Money trades.

Greedy Money resulted in losing money, while Scared Money just resulted in missing out some points. Not sure if the logic applies for other days.

Today, I have been taking Greedy Money trades, and getting whipped...

Status
Not open for further replies.