Best ELSS(Tax saving mutual funds)

Re: Need suggestions in choosing Tax Saving MF

Hi Vicky & Yogi,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. Vicky, Your thread regarding the Portfolio strategy was very helpful.

Why shouldn't u start a tutor series in investment with important topics which would help beginners like me?

At last, my decision on tax-savings...

My SIP with HDFC Long Term Advantage was over... Chose not to continue.
Planned to choose Principal Tax Saver for MidCaps, (which was also rated higher in ValueResearch and MoneyControl)

Continuing the SIP with Franklin TaxShield

Thanks again

:)

Both these funds are very good funds and they have a 4 star rating in value research. Franklin Taxshield has a large cap bias and HDFC LT Advantage has a midcap bias (~60%).You could consider Principal Tax Saving Fund for midcaps. Your choice
http://www.valueresearchonline.com/funds/newsnapshot.asp?schemecode=89

Why shouldn't u start a tutor series in investment with important topics which would help beginners like me?
[/b]
One beginer tutoring another ?:D

I have been investing in mutual funds for only 3 months... I am very new myself.

At last, my decision on tax-savings...

My SIP with HDFC Long Term Advantage was over... Chose not to continue.
Planned to choose Principal Tax Saver for MidCaps, (which was also rated higher in ValueResearch and MoneyControl)

Continuing the SIP with Franklin TaxShield

Thanks again

I am glad you made a choice :)

Need Suggestions.

Hi All,
Iam a beginner in Investments.I want to invest in Mutual Funds through SIP.Iam going to invest 2000 P.M I have Shortlisted two funds.They are
SBI Magnum Tax gain
Birla Sun Life Tax Saver -96.
Please suggest me as to can i go ahead :confused: or do i need to do any other changes...

Please do reply....

Last edited:

Hi Vicky,

It is really a surprise that to know that you are a beginner. But, I could see much homework behind your investment strategies, which hardly people do.

The only homework I do is

> Checking the ratings in ValueResearch & MoneyControl
> Looking for suggestions from forum, to be specific here.

Any links to learn the Must-Know for an investor?

Thanks again

One beginer tutoring another ?:D

I have been investing in mutual funds for only 3 months... I am very new myself.

I am glad you made a choice :)

ELSS Help

Hello Everyone,
I am kinda new to Mutual fund. I want to invest 5000/- pm through sip in ELSS, please suggest 3-4 best performing MF with moderate risk.

Should i invest in PNB Principal Personal tax saver fund ?

Hi All,

I had planned to invest 20k in MF, out of which i have already invested 10k in JM Contra fund and remaining 10k i'm thinking of investing in Principal Personal tax saver fund.

What is your advice on this, have made correct decision by investing in JMC and is Principal Personal tax saver fund good enough.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
-A