Best Nifty Strategy-Must Read

Im also using a MA system.. IT gave me a sell at 5300.. I m short at tht level.. and i tgt a 40 point for every call it genrates..!! (System is on a test basis, howevr the calls generated have a good success ratio..!! Lets c how it shapes today..)
hi jallan

can u explain ur MA system to all our readers in this thread :thumb:

Nehal_s143

After first 2 sl, 3rd call hit t2 :) , i am new to thread, seniors please let me know in past 3rd call got failed any time ??

in range bound next time this may help....

We members in this thread have been trading with Gann strategy for the past two months. How is the results for you all? What was the average gain per lot of NIFTY ?

My results were RED due to some indiscipline trades and poor money management. I started with 1 lot but soon added another one too. Few SL hits brought my capital down.
Do anybody have a good excel sheet to keep the trade records.??

khushi00

So far i ve seen gann method
it has nothing to do with real time sentiments of market so no real time interpretation of ur position
At any time when u calculate levels by gann method whether at 9.30am or at any other time it just gives hypothetical levels
It works fine only in trending days and not in sidewise market.
i dont think that hitting target after 2 stoploss is a carry forward method for future.
I suggest to shift ur mind towards fundamentals & technicals.
Today i shorted at 5336 and covered at 5326
then shorted at 5328 and covered at 5310
Its not huge but safer. During my first covering i saw huge pressure of buyers at around 5335 and within mins nifty shoot to 5350+. In this way you can exist prior to stoploss.
Dear friends, all above views are my personal, I am new to this market so may be wrong. I am not critizing any well established method, just it not fits in my style.
Regards

msa5678

So far i ve seen gann method
it has nothing to do with real time sentiments of market so no real time interpretation of ur position
At any time when u calculate levels by gann method whether at 9.30am or at any other time it just gives hypothetical levels
It works fine only in trending days and not in sidewise market.
i dont think that hitting target after 2 stoploss is a carry forward method for future.
I suggest to shift ur mind towards fundamentals & technicals.
Today i shorted at 5336 and covered at 5326
then shorted at 5328 and covered at 5310
Its not huge but safer. During my first covering i saw huge pressure of buyers at around 5335 and within mins nifty shoot to 5350+. In this way you can exist prior to stoploss.
Dear friends, all above views are my personal, I am new to this market so may be wrong. I am not critizing any well established method, just it not fits in my style.
Regards
Such a cute baby , is this your daughter? Looks like an angel! God Bless her.

khushi00

I usually take help from
Volatility
Buying/selling pressure
Call-put ratio
Volumes
Macd wid std settings
Pivots
Camarilla levels
And current news
To decide my levels of long n short
Its always easy to win in a trade but tough to keep on winning trades so always beware of sidewise market as it will wipe all ur profits and anybody can get trapped in whipsaws.
In trending markets even a simple strategy of ema crossover will work.
My advice is to never trade in sidewise market as its better to have no profit than to loss.
During up or down market, targets r huge n u can easily average ur no trade days.
Overcome ur greed n take trading as bussiness not as gambling.
Use some mathematical calculations to determine market direction rather than guess work.
Nowadays i m also considering open interest but its little bit tough for me to understand.
Again saying, above r my views and not meant for hurting anyone!

khushi00

An increase in open interest along with an increase in price is said to confirm an upward trend. Similarly, an increase in open interest along with a decrease in price confirms a downward trend. An increase or decrease in prices while open interest remains flat or declining may indicate a possible trend reversal.

The relationship between the prevailing price trend and open interest can be summarized by the following table.

Price - Open Interest - Interpretation
Rising -- Rising ------ Market is Strong
Rising --- Falling ----- Market is Weakening
Falling -- Rising ----- Market is Weak
Falling -- Falling ------ Market is Strengthening

Last edited:
I am attaching a excel file to calculate intraday volatility.
It seems to need manual inputs. Can someone please modify it to include connections so that it can automatically read from nseindia. Mukherjee ??