Did Bollinger Bands help you?

• Yes

Votes: 239 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 68 22.1%

• Total voters

murthyavr

A very good indicator.

However, on the first page, a mention was made about BB+RSI and BB+MACD combinations, and the links were limited to showing few images only.

A detailed discussion on using BB with other indicators like RSI and MACD would be beneficial to all.

And also on which combination indicator (RSI or MACD) should be used in the case of

- Trending market
- Range-bound market

Thanks..

Re: BollingerBands - LUPIN

Hi Columbus, I see you have been with Bollinger for quite some time. Sorry I am yet to learn posting images, so passing some work to you. I was looking at the daily charts of LUPIN, and I see it the bands as tight as they can be which indicates a move coming along shortly. Can you please check yourself and see if you have any comments? My concern is that the band has become tight only for the last 5-7 days, which might be too early, or maybe not. Thanks.

columbus

A very good indicator.

However, on the first page, a mention was made about BB+RSI and BB+MACD combinations, and the links were limited to showing few images only.

A detailed discussion on using BB with other indicators like RSI and MACD would be beneficial to all.

And also on which combination indicator (RSI or MACD) should be used in the case of

- Trending market
- Range-bound market

Thanks..
Hi murthyavr,

In fact BB in combination of RSI and Stochastics is good.
But always keep a system SIMPLE without many indicators.
A website NSEGUIDE is very good for any starter or PRO
because as many as 40 indicators are given.

columbus

Re: BollingerBands - LUPIN

Hi Columbus, I see you have been with Bollinger for quite some time. Sorry I am yet to learn posting images, so passing some work to you. I was looking at the daily charts of LUPIN, and I see it the bands as tight as they can be which indicates a move coming along shortly. Can you please check yourself and see if you have any comments? My concern is that the band has become tight only for the last 5-7 days, which might be too early, or maybe not. Thanks.
Hi Sanjosedesi,

Your are right, the bands of Bollinger is rather NARROW.
Better to wait on sidelines and if have any POSITIVE news about
the counter ,buy in very small lots.Even RSI is not very high (52).

Source:NSEGUIDE

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B AmiBroker 0