BollingerBands

Did Bollinger Bands help you?

• Yes

Votes: 239 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 68 22.1%

• Total voters
So 1st time we saw red body after 6705, showing weakness in nifty.

But how we can findout immediate support, spine ?
The history shows that it generally bounces back at least once after entering either the red or blue zone. So maybe a bouceback from the current levels is expected. Rest depends on the RBI policy tomorrow.

@Columbus - Sir , i read a few discussions on this topic and i am really interested to "learn and apply " the bollinger band techniques. I have very little knowledge on how to read and analyse charts.

It will be very helpful if you provide me some links to read chart basics.

Also, will it be sufficient to read this full thread and do paper trade for some time using bollinger bands ?

Awaiting your reply. Thanks in advance :)

columbus

@Columbus - Sir , i read a few discussions on this topic and i am really interested to "learn and apply " the bollinger band techniques. I have very little knowledge on how to read and analyse charts.

It will be very helpful if you provide me some links to read chart basics.

Also, will it be sufficient to read this full thread and do paper trade for some time using bollinger bands ?

Awaiting your reply. Thanks in advance :)
@ankit,

For any charts I think "STOCKCHARTS" is a good starting point.Go through the subject
thoroughly,definitely you will find it GOOD INDICATOR.You can google it or here is the link.

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku....t_school:technical_indicators:bollinger_bands

@columbus - Sir i am reading and trying to understand the links that you provided and they are really helpful.

I am planning to do paper trade initially on the basis of BB and RSI.Have few queries.

1. I am using Trade tiger to track charts. Can i track BB on 1 min time frame ? Will it be fruitful ?

2.On page 14 , #132 , you have posted a self-explanatory chart. I am unable to understand it. In such cases how should we take positions as no candles are piercing top/lower bands :(

3.Sir, we go short when a red candle pierces the top band and long when a green candle pierces a bottom band. Apart from this , are there any other techniques for entry and exit ?

Last edited:

hmp

columbus sir
Every time I open tradetiger i have to plot new study again. So is there any arrangement so that i can save my study for next session.
Rrgards

columbus

columbus sir
Every time I open tradetiger i have to plot new study again. So is there any arrangement so that i can save my study for next session.
Rrgards

Hi hmp,

Somewhere in sharekhan's thread (Brokers - platforms) I wrote about saving to a template.
Anyway ,there is post by timepass ,posting it again with hope it will help.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B AmiBroker 0