Did Bollinger Bands help you?

• Yes

Votes: 239 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 68 22.1%

• Total voters
1.BW works very well for SWING trades also ,provided they are no BIG gap ups
or gap downs.Gap ups and gap downs are integral part of trading.Moreover
in case of SWING trade ,your are forced to borrow some samples from previous trading.Always it may not work.

2.We analyzed the trades on 2 time frames ,that is ,3MIN and 5MIN.
On 3min TF ,booking of profit ,early was observed.But on 5min TF, 70%~90%
times,the target was HIT. So any timeframe 3~5min is good.

3.I found it has been working well on FUTURES and OPTIONS.I do not see
why it won't with CASH.For that matter on any other instrument.(Though
I never tried).

Thanks for the reply sir. I'll go through the thread slowly and steadily.

Another question that crops up in my mind is how to select stocks for trading purpose :confused:

At present i just watch Nifty 50 stocks..Like is there a way to filter out stocks on which we should trade...specifically using the BB/BW techniques.

Please guide.

columbus

Thanks for the reply sir. I'll go through the thread slowly and steadily.

Another question that crops up in my mind is how to select stocks for trading purpose :confused:

At present i just watch Nifty 50 stocks..Like is there a way to filter out stocks on which we should trade...specifically using the BB/BW techniques.

Please guide.
Good. Instead of picking from NIFTY50 ,pick from list of TOP TRADED 20 stocks
over a period.Stocks like SBI , INFY , .......... comes to my mind.

Sir i am reading this thread from the start and i came across this image.( page23, post #221 ) I did not understand the place where you marked "Whipsaw"...Ideally we are supposed to short when a candle pierces the upper band and considering the "entry"we should exit at upper piercing but you have marked "exit" at a later time. Can you plz explain the reason.

columbus

Sir i am reading this thread from the start and i came across this image.( page23, post #221 ) I did not understand the place where you marked "Whipsaw"...Ideally we are supposed to short when a candle pierces the upper band and considering the "entry"we should exit at upper piercing but you have marked "exit" at a later time. Can you plz explain the reason.
ankit3066,

WHIPSAWs are false STARTERS.

Whipsaw.1 (First whipsaw) is suggesting a SELL but UPTREND is intact.
Whipsaw.2 is suggesting a SELL but UPTREND is intact.
Whipsaw.3 is suggesting a BUY but DOWNTREND is intact.

Remember ,the graph has 1 minute TIME FRAME.So it is advisable to use 3~5 min TF.

Thanks sir, its clear now. I'm just looking to complete this thread first and then move to "Bollinger worm" thread.

Next step will be to do paper trades with Bollinger worm settings that you have explained. And i'm sure many more questions will pop up in my mind.

I'm learning a lot from seniors like you :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B AmiBroker 0