BSE EOD Downloader

Dear JDM,

Thanks very much for such a great utility for indian market.

I have one request to you - Can you please upgrade this utility to download EOD data directly into Metastock formate.

Thanks & Regards,

(moneypick)

jdm

hi moneypick,
the excel data file is in metastock format, just put use of the downloader to good use.

go to Tools>Convert in the Downloader and do the necessery.

cheers,
jdm.

jdm said:
hi moneypick,
the excel data file is in metastock format, just put use of the downloader to good use.

go to Tools>Convert in the Downloader and do the necessery.

cheers,
jdm.

Dear JDM,

Yes, I know. I have some query:

If I daily update my database, the BSE EOD downloader download entire data again or only update today data.

Why this utility not compitible with bse code because I cannot update the database create by this utility by BSE Bhovcopy due to difference in scrip code(numeric).

Please guide me.

Thanks & regard,

(moneypick)

jdm

hi moneypick,

moneypick said:
If I daily update my database, the BSE EOD downloader download entire data again or only update today data.
its a backfill downloader and not a bhavcopy downloader. i myself has not come across any application which does download the data way back 1991, which the BSE Downlaoder does, and there lies its greatest strength.

moneypick said:
Why this utility not compitible with bse code because I cannot update the database create by this utility by BSE Bhovcopy due to difference in scrip code(numeric).
look, the main problem is, the link from where the data is being imported supports only the script name. so its not possible to incorporate the script code.

what i would suggest, once you backfill all the data and got the same in your charting software, just change the "symbol", from the Downloader if you are using Metastock. its a one time job, although a painful one, but once its done you wont have any problem updating from the bhavcopy provided by BSE.

cheers,
jdm.

jdm

hi folks,
just released the upgraded version of the BSE EOD Downloader.

now you can download upto 50 script in one go

the data will be in ASCII Text format, thus almost all major software like Metastock, Amibroker, FCharts etc can import the same with ease.

can be downloaded from the first post in this thread:
http://www.traderji.com/49528-post1.html

hope it will prove helpful.

cheers,
jdm.

Last edited: