Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello dweep,

I will answer your questions according to my experience.

1) Auto Sqare off time is 3:10. You can place order even after this time but at your risk.

2)IPO and MFs are available but as separate products. I mean a different form to fill.

3) Terminal based software is same as ODIN. Very good. I can tell you this as I am using the same software. Reat time quotes and accounts too are credited realtime. i.e. if you gain some money today, you can use the same to purchase more stocks on that day itself. The only thing I dont like is that the charts are very basic in nature.

4) It is fast if you use HDFC or ICICI net banking, otherwise takes one whole day. Payout is slower.

5) Yeh it is 128 bit secured.

6) Interface is intutive.

One thing I liked about them is that at the begining I shorted a few shares at end moment. I was in tension and felt that the auction will wipe half my deposit. But these guys prevented the auction and bought me some shares at .5 % higher than my sell price and was told not to repeat the same mistake again.

Thank u very much supatrade.

Now that i finally decide to go with investmentz.com i may ask some final and vital questions. Pls try to answer.

1. what is auto square off time in intraday trading and also any special tax on intraday ? 2:45/3:15 ?
2. are ipo/mutual funds allowed ?
3. have u tried its terminal based software ? is it worth the price?
4. is transfer between bank and demat acc is fast or takes some time (hrs/days)?
5. Security- hope it uses 128bit encryption?
6. Overall ease of use- is the interface easy ?

I know i m asking for a bit more, but pls help.

I have sorted these points for accessing any broker

I called them one hour back only in Kolkata office...its still 1200/-

250/- a/c opening charge
200/- demat opening charge
750/- software

-----
1200/- one time ;)
----

i have heard that reliance internet costs 1500 monthly fixed and that too it does not work very fast during peak times.....just my thought...

i actually since to date all i have gathered is nothing but theoreticla information without truly having traded my self even a single rupee....so i guess right now and few months i am only concerned with delivery based trades which most probably comes to ........ .50% in india bulls if i am right...

i asked the person at indiabulls he said he will consider reducing the brokerage...but i said him that i am along term investor and not a day trader so cannot commit any turnover....but inspite of my repeated question as to what brokerage he will apply he kept on saying "aap chinta maat kariye brokerage apko thik lagedege...." but whatever it cannot be for sure more than .......... .50%

now my one major q is that say after opening an accoutn with them...i do not trade (say i decide no more stock market for me) but i wish to have my account continued with them but trade very very sparingly...say purchased 1000 shares and almost forgotten for a year....then do they levy any additional charges for almost being INACTIVE....

regarding the processor let me figure out what i have i think mine is p4 but let me confirm...and yes i use cable internet dont know whether it can be called broadband...bcz once i asked my cable operator what is the speed of cable internet they provide and he said he will confirm ....so i guess he never knew it either....

can i know how can i get a very fast broadband connection (must be affordable i dont mind shelling out extra few hundreds) in kolkata...i mean which company should i contact..........

and yes one more thing do India bulls provide any advice tips when we open the trading screen....(preferably free of charge)

I guess if everything is on track and no new information comes in way....i am going for indiabulls.....

and yes is it possible to transfer existing demat account with someone else to indiabulls so that rs 200 is saved....

i hope that atleast indiabulls powersoftware enables real time live streaming quotes and enables execution of order without delays....

and yes i must thank u again and again for taking ur time and replying...its really appreciated....hopefully in a few days time i can also relate my unique experiences of trading here...

best regards,

sunando
----------------------------------------------------
u can always email me at [email protected] (i love emails)
i am a sharekhan client & i am very much happy with them.
advantage:
excellent phone trading facility, 100% BTST facility, fast customare care service, speed trade software.

disadvantage:
their borkarage charges are quite high (intraday 0.10% & delivery 0.50%).

sunandoghosh

The cheapest solution for stabel and reliable internet connection is AIRTEL thruogh celphone.Forget about highspeed of reliance and others. For trading and browsing I found it is best because I am using for 5paisa termintal and the updation of prices are some time better than the brokers terminals. The cost is just Rs.15/ for 24 hours(one day). Remember for trading in exe based software no highspeed connection is required.Airtel provides speed around 55 KBPS which is more than enough for trading and browsing. I am using it and I m fully satisfied.I trade full time. What els u want.

Regards
ppvsin

sunandoghosh

The cheapest solution for stabel and reliable internet connection is AIRTEL thruogh celphone.Forget about highspeed of reliance and others. For trading and browsing I found it is best because I am using for 5paisa termintal and the updation of prices are some time better than the brokers terminals. The cost is just Rs.15/ for 24 hours(one day). Remember for trading in exe based software no highspeed connection is required.Airtel provides speed around 55 KBPS which is more than enough for trading and browsing. I am using it and I m fully satisfied.I trade full time. What els u want.

Regards
ppvsin
I also use it. but sometimes i get slow speeds. But its the best option

sunandoghosh

Regards
ppvsin

hi, can u tell in details about that - airtel net connection .

thnx in advance.

hi, can u tell in details about that - airtel net connection .

thnx in advance.
You must have a cell pohone with inbuilt modem. I am using NOKIA 6020 which support internet. I think any colour phone must have inbuilt modem facility. please consult the document of cell phone or AIRTEL CS for the same. Just contact AIRTEL CS for internet activation. After activated SMS AS "MO" to 2567. for downloding internet setting to your cell. Just save them. Ur cell is ready for internet. Connect to PC and use it.For downloding free RT data pl view this link http://www.traderji.com/software/7289-free-stock-analysis-software-realtime-eod-data-5.html

Regards
ppvsin

Hello dweep,

I will answer your questions according to my experience.

1) Auto Sqare off time is 3:10. You can place order even after this time but at your risk.

2)IPO and MFs are available but as separate products. I mean a different form to fill.

3) Terminal based software is same as ODIN. Very good. I can tell you this as I am using the same software. Reat time quotes and accounts too are credited realtime. i.e. if you gain some money today, you can use the same to purchase more stocks on that day itself. The only thing I dont like is that the charts are very basic in nature.

4) It is fast if you use HDFC or ICICI net banking, otherwise takes one whole day. Payout is slower.

5) Yeh it is 128 bit secured.

6) Interface is intutive.

One thing I liked about them is that at the begining I shorted a few shares at end moment. I was in tension and felt that the auction will wipe half my deposit. But these guys prevented the auction and bought me some shares at .5 % higher than my sell price and was told not to repeat the same mistake again.
Hi Supatrader,

I have a question once u buy stocks does it automatically go to ur demat account in BOI and when u sell from ur demat how u do it cause I dont saw any link on the BOI or investmenz to do so please explain it how the demat of ur boi work for investmenz.

thanks
Rahul

first i would like say big thanks for this forum members and traderji. since traderji has given us so much information in this site which we can not find anyware in this planet

i have some priority while selecting a broker

1. brokerage should be competitive

2. trading software should be fast and acurate in terms of streaming quotes

3. accounting and order execution tranpernecy

from this forum i come to know that for day trading

icici not fare in brokerrage charges and no software

indiabull good in software and brokerage

sharekhan is good software and i dont know exact brokerage

how is Kotak since now they have new flat brokerage charges and KEAT software

please help me in selecting good broker in all aspect

Status
Not open for further replies.