Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear S,
Thanks for Religare quotes,if one wants for short term, mid tterm trading and not daily trading(in same day squaring).Volumes not to be huge.Which one should i chose.Please suggest i will be obliges-refrence-religare sec

Dear S,
Thanks for Religare quotes,if one wants for short term, mid tterm trading and not daily trading(in same day squaring).Volumes not to be huge.Which one should i chose.Please suggest i will be obliges-refrence-religare sec
Wasim,

The advantage with Trump Plus (Rs 2500 one) is the substantially lower (half the) brokerage as compared with the Classic accounts. You could go for this if your volumes could go around 10 lakhs over 12 months. The R_ACE Lite platform at 499 seems a good option for delivery based trading.

However, I am yet to get any form of feedback on Religare. But as ktimpim said, if you are in for part-time trading, you can pick any of the lot; all are equally bad.

My Disclaimer - This is my personal opinion in response to your above question. The decision and responsibility is entirely yours. You are not under any obligation to base your actions on my comments.:)

Regards,
S

lazytrader

hi satish, are you planning on getting religare? I too am in hunt of a good broker and terminal. I have created a thread here which has good info about trader terminals you can go through.

http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/29178-differences-between-trader-terminals.html

No many seem to go to religare and rkglobal both of which use odin. Any idea how they comapre to other brokers platforms like sharekhan and indiainfoline?

I have this one pic of that's quite scary
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1574/11509nifty3.png

Not only does it look ugly the chart says candle put shows line chart. Lack on info seems to be a big problem.

any wharee but dont ever think about reliance money
they suck in the histroy of trading in india .. in demate and in history of sucking :(:(::mad::mad::icicidirect or sharekahan

lazytrader

I find Trump Super to be a good plan: 15k upfront adjustable to brokerage for 12mths and brokerage at .015% and .15% to be good considering that as per this plan trading one nifty lot intraday (B and S) would generate 15k brokerage. Plus theres delivery.

But I still have my doubts about charting and connectivity. Anyone using religare care to post some screenshots and a review.

Also if you havent checked bajaj capital provide an unlimited zero brokerage account for 14k/yr but haven't heard of anyone using it.

Besides R.kGlobal's Rs.9/lot and Rs.9/trade (cash) is good too considering the charges. Its about Rs.500/mnth for NSE (cash and derivatives). So if we use the 1 lot trade /day on Nifty futures the total brokerage comes to Rs.4000/yr + rs.6000 plan charges = Rs.10k/yr. And they provide ODIN with charting again.

I find Trump Super to be a good plan: 15k upfront adjustable to brokerage for 12mths and brokerage at .015% and .15% to be good considering that as per this plan trading one nifty lot intraday (B and S) would generate 15k brokerage. Plus theres delivery.

But I still have my doubts about charting and connectivity. Anyone using religare care to post some screenshots and a review.

Hi LT,

I guess its the same old adage. All have the good and the bad, and some uglies. Much as I hate to be a cynic, I have to say it:- of course all of them paint a rosy picture till you sign the dotted line and hand over your cheque.

As for Religare, I am leaning towards it as I am yet to come across any major negative about it. There is no After hour facility to place orders after closing hours (something about 'they had it earlier but withdrew it for rectification 'cos orders were lining up late') and intraday trading ceases at 3.10pm.

The reps had come again today (the last time it was a chap who just knew the sales talk, but knew nothing about trading - he had never traded!!), and this time with someone who knew some bit (not all) about the charts and trading. The charts seemed fine - you get Tick, OHLC, Candlestick for Intraday too, and you can specify the time intervals. A bunch of indicators and studies are available, as are lines like retracement lines, etc. A data window gives the numbers for any point. The connectivity seem stable and realtime for the half an hour I worked on it.

I suggest you call them and have a go at their demo terminal. Afterall it is you who will be using it.

Yes the Trump Super looks good. They will throw in commodities trading free with the account. And give 3.5% pa interest on the cash balance you hold with them.

I have no idea about Bajaj Capital or RK.

The following links may be of some help.

http://www.chittorgarh.com/newportal/online-stock-brokers-list.asp

http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/4054-reviews-angel-broking-religare.html

Regards

S

Last edited:

lazytrader

Intrady trading ceasing at 3:10 is normal. Most brokers implement it. i thnk you can talk to them and extend it.

Not have After market order is a problem. If theres a problem like that then testing the terminal is no point. choosing a broker seems like "lesser of the 2 evils" thing. About sales reps it's the same story. My broker Motilal's reps don't even know how to place a stop loss order.

Which ones have you narrowed down to?

lazytrader

Could you please elaborate.
Thanks and Regards

:confused:S
You said that they dont have After market orders. In such cases where there are usability problems I wouldn't even consider opening an account with them so there's no point checking the terminal. Even if I like the terminal if I can't place AMO I will be forced to choose another broker. Once we have issue such as these sorted out we can then go to check the terminal.

Although I need a good terminal with charting and all I have other Technical analysis software which I use with bhavcopies. I don't trade intraday anything other than Nifty future for which again I have charting software. So it finally comes down to usability.

Status
Not open for further replies.