Could Corona Virus lead to a never before crash?

Really? Is that the best excuse Chinese govt can spit now? They can't be more pathetic. :mad:

DanPSup

Hedge Strategy Trader in Options and Futures
India suspends visas in attempt to contain corona virus spread (12 Mar 2020)

All tourist visas suspended until April 15 and incoming travelers to be quarantined as COVID-19 cases double to 73.

Actually we know the following numbers. How accurate those numbers are, who knows:

z300.png

z301.png

India on Wednesday suspended all tourist visas until April 15 and said it would quarantine travelers arriving from seven virus-hit countries as it attempts to contain the spread of the new corona virus.

The move comes as the World Health Organization declared the outbreak a pandemic, and as countries worldwide scramble to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus.

India's visa suspension is to begin on March 13 at 12:00 GMT at the port of departure, the government's Press Information Bureau said.

Diplomatic visas and visas for international organizations, employment and projects are exempt. While the majority of COVID-19 cases have been in China - which shares a border with India - the number of new infections has steadied there. Hot spots, however, have emerged in Italy, Iran and Spain.

In China, where the pandemic originated in December, more than 3,000 people have died, with the total number of infections at 80,924.

All travelers, including Indian nationals, "arriving from or having visited China, Italy, Iran, Republic of Korea, France, Spain and Germany after February 15 will be quarantined for a minimum period of 14 days," the statement read.

The full article you will find here: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...tempt-coronavirus-spread-200312035057594.html

DP

DanPSup

Absolute very informative article and a must read about the topic. :up:

Coronavirus: Why You Must Act Now

Politicians, Community Leaders and Business Leaders: What Should You Do and When?

Tomas Pueyo
Mar 10 · 26 min read

Updated on 3/13/2020. Now reflects an update on containment vs. mitigation strategies. 19 translations at the bottom. Send me more existing translations in private notes at the bottom. This article has received 24 million views in the last 72h.

With everything that’s happening about the Coronavirus, it might be very hard to make a decision of what to do today. Should you wait for more information? Do something today? What?
Here’s what I’m going to cover in this article, with lots of charts, data and models with plenty of sources:

• How many cases of coronavirus will there be in your area?
  • What will happen when these cases materialize?
  • What should you do?
  • When?
When you’re done reading the article, this is what you’ll take away:

- The coronavirus is coming to you.
- It’s coming at an exponential speed: gradually, and then suddenly.
- It’s a matter of days. Maybe a week or two.
- When it does, your healthcare system will be overwhelmed.
- Your fellow citizens will be treated in the hallways.
- Exhausted healthcare workers will break down. Some will die.
- They will have to decide which patient gets the oxygen and which one dies.
- The only way to prevent this is social distancing today. Not tomorrow. Today.
- That means keeping as many people home as possible, starting now.

As a politician, community leader or business leader, you have the power and the responsibility to prevent this.
You might have fears today: What if I overreact? Will people laugh at me? Will they be angry at me? Will I look stupid? Won’t it be better to wait for others to take steps first? Will I hurt the economy too much?

But in 2–4 weeks, when the entire world is in lockdown, when the few precious days of social distancing you will have enabled will have saved lives, people won’t criticize you anymore: They will thank you for making the right decision.

Ok, let’s do this.

The rest of the article you will find here: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

DP

KAL.YUG

COVID-19: China Eases Travel Restrictions After Two Months Of Lockdown

Workers are gradually returning to their jobs and Hubei residents stranded in other parts of the country are going home after travel restrictions were eased.
Written By Vishal Tiwari | Mumbai | Updated On: March 15, 2020 13:05 IST

As the number of coronavirus cases in China is going down, life is slowly returning to normal in the disease-hit country. According to reports, workers are gradually returning to their jobs and Hubei residents who were stranded in other parts of the country are going home after travel restrictions were eased for the first time in two months. China's health commission on March 12 said that the peak in coronavirus epidemic in the country has passed and authorities have allowed some industries to resume production in two cities of Hubei province.

As per reports, schools, colleges, and public spaces are starting to reopen in various parts of the country and there is at last relief for medical workers after a hectic three-months of hard work. Chinese state media reported that 12,028 quarantine stations that were set-up on highways have been removed and the roads have been reopened for inter-provincial travel.

https://www.republicworld.com/world...estrictions-after-two-months-of-lockdown.html

DanPSup

Could the following be a solution, even in India, to find as quick as possible people who are infected with the virus. Just my two cents: I guess: Yes. South Korea is using it since days.

Some states are offering drive-thru corona virus testing
(By Andrew J. Hawkins@andyjayhawk Mar 11, 2020, 11:52am EDT)

The fast-food-style technique is seen as a way to limit health care workers’ exposure to the virus

In South Korea, health officials have been testing hundreds of people for the novel coronavirus every day at fast-food-style drive-thrus. Now, that method is coming to the US, with clinics in Colorado, Connecticut, and Washington state setting up similar testing outposts.

The University of Washington Medical Center in North Seattle can currently test 40 to 50 people per day using the method, CBS affiliate KIRO reports. The testing site is only available to employees and students, but UW Medical plans to expand the program to first responders, employees at long-term care facilities, and UW patients showing symptoms later this week. Washington currently has the second-highest number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the US.

https://www.invidio.us/watch?time_continue=2&v=DWhTKHWu0QU

Following the full article: https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/11/...ng-drive-thru-colorado-connecticut-washington

DP

AJK

Really? Is that the best excuse Chinese govt can spit now? They can't be more pathetic. :mad:
Please think about the meat markets around the world, before blaming any particular one.. We cannot blame anyone.. It could be an accident as well in fact.. Microorganisms mutates and adapts to environment rapidly than human, maybe simply because they are a mutating single celled organism..

Edit: even the swine flu originated in US farms in 1998 as per google...

Last edited:

AJK

while going through some literature, i developed a picturisation in my mind. the incident of coronavirus mutating into human body may date back before November 19.. maybe it was an ongoing process. they may have slowly infiltrated into the workers in the market and mutated in their body... but maybe because they were strong individuals with good immunity, they may only have had some flu symptoms, the first wave of coronavirus in human, which may have been weak, against which the workers may have gained immunity rapidly and easily.. but the virus persisted and again mutated and become strong... and when it affected ordinary elder people with low immunity, the virus may have become fatal.. and being highly contagious as it was, lead to what we are seeing now.. this is my theory..