Creating a trading system from scratch

How many lines of code you are comfortable with

• Total voters
What's your version of pandas?
Any way, try this replace entry.append(exit, sort=False) with entry.append(exit) and try and post errors if any
Thanks this solved the problem
Just want to know how to choose multiple universe
means when i select multiple index it says list indices must be integers or slices,not tuple

And when i changed to any other universe i get this error
Screenshot (25).png

Last edited:

UberMachine

Thanks this solved the problem
Just want to know how to choose multiple universe
means when i select multiple index it says list indices must be integers or slices,not tuple

And when i changed to any other universe i get this error View attachment 28837
To change a different universe, add them in the universe.xlsx file.
Create a new sheet and put all your symbols there. The name of the sheet is the universe.
If you need multiple universe, you can club all the symbols and put in a separate sheet.
But if you need results for multiple universe separately, you must run them separately (as of now)

Create a new sheet and put all your symbols there. The name of the sheet is the universe.
If you need multiple universe, you can club all the symbols and put in a separate sheet.
But if you need results for multiple universe separately, you must run them separately (as of now)
ya that was what i was figuring about but whenever i change to any other universe that errror comes in ..

Anyways just again want to thank you for putting so much efforts....just curious is it the full strategy or are there still few steps remaining to make it better?

Last edited:
so many question sorry about that just wanted to know which stocks universe do you combine because the stocks in your order book in site are quite different from what we get from universe of nifty 50

UberMachine

ya that was what i was figuring about but whenever i change to any other universe that errror comes in ..
The available universes are
  1. NIFTY50
  2. BANKNIFTY
  3. NIFTYNEXT50
In case of other universe, you can create them in the excel sheet. If you get any errors, post the screenshot
Anyways just again want to thank you for putting so much efforts....just curious is it the full strategy or are there still few steps remaining to make it better?
This is the entire framework. The only thing remaining is to compare real time trades, if you have taken any. I use a few more conditions in real time trade. You can extend the system the way you want.

so many question sorry about that just wanted to know which stocks universe do you combine because the stocks in your order book in site are quite different from what we get from universe of nifty 50
I use a universe that provides me good leverage from my broker. Its mostly FO stocks

VJAY

1538137450197.png

You need to change name of sheet here.....which you named in new sheet