Creating a trading system from scratch

How many lines of code you are comfortable with

• Total voters

VJAY

Really great now we have great system the only problem i have is going from huge profits to losss..... today lt&fh was down 4.50% by 12....it recover in afternoon session n closed at 1.08%....:(:(:( if these kinda drawdowns are avoided it would be even a greater system
Dear vinit,
statitics code working for you?

prabhsingh

Really great now we have great system the only problem i have is going from huge profits to losss..... today lt&fh was down 4.50% by 12....it recover in afternoon session n closed at 1.08%....:(:(:( if these kinda drawdowns are avoided it would be even a greater system
But why you choose L&TFH at first place.If you have a look at its weekly chart,strong support is near to 110 levels or let it close above 150 levels.Between this range person is going to burn his account.

Btw one thing i got in backtest is NIFTYNEXT50 gives the best mean/std of 0.49 in last three months....so why dont we use it more...or are there any drawdown to that universe...:bookworm::bookworm:

But why you choose L&TFH at first place.If you have a look at its weekly chart,strong support is near to 110 levels or let it close above 150 levels.Between this range person is going to burn his account.
well i didnt choose the strategy choose it for me it was in top 5 gainers in NIFTYNEXT50 i guess..n the strategy was working really well n if you see it recover from the pivot point which i knew it would...but for strategy waited till the 3...but my point is having system to avoid this kinda drawdown

prabhsingh

well i didnt choose the strategy choose it for me it was in top 5 gainers in NIFTYNEXT50 i guess..n the strategy was working really well n if you see it recover from the pivot point which i knew it would...but for strategy waited till the 3...but my point is having system to avoid this kinda drawdown
Pivot point on which time frame?I dont foresee any on daily.

UberMachine

Actually, L&T FH is an offbeat case today. Same with IDBI. But, in my opinion, they are unlikely events. So optimizing the system would affect the other parameters. Also, AXISBANK did well (in the same financial sector).
If you are an active trader, you can use your intuition to get out. If you have got out when NIFTY started moving, then you would have made more money. The system looks only at end of day data.