Day Trading Stocks & Futures

travi

Will post chart in a while, 690 pe exit.
Opening volumes are lesser than yest, closing, unless 680 is not significantly cracked, will avoid short.
Anyway, if tuk tuk day, can help it.
Last Tuesday was NR day, only 120pt range from H-L.

Got whipped again. Seems to be happening whenever I touch futures these days. It seems that there was so much movement during that microsecond that my SL trailed and got hit, though at a lower price than my purchase price.

Not to post trade logs, but to illustrate that point. See how much movement happened at 10:36:19

It seems that the price hit 285.60 triggering my buy, then moved up to 286.6 moving up my stoploss of 16 ticks. and then reversed hitting my stoploss !!! All this within a fraction of a second.

travi

Got whipped again. Seems to be happening whenever I touch futures these days. It seems that there was so much movement during that microsecond that my SL trailed and got hit, though at a lower price than my purchase price.

Not to post trade logs, but to illustrate that point. See how much movement happened at 10:36:19

It seems that the price hit 285.60 triggering my buy, then moved up to 286.6 moving up my stoploss of 16 ticks. and then reversed hitting my stoploss !!! All this within a fraction of a second.
By how many points or pips did you trail?

By how many points or pips did you trail?
My initial SL was 16 ticks, so the SL was 284.8, which then got trailed up. I am still confused about how it trails the SL.

pannet1

My initial SL was 16 ticks, so the SL was 284.8, which then got trailed up. I am still confused about how it trails the SL.
Seniors,

Can you guys please step in and clarify how the TSL works. Honestly I don't know.