Day Trading Stocks & Futures

TraderRavi

low risk profile
re: Day trading Nifty & Banknifty Futures

Hi Friends yesterday i am having 15900 qty nifty 6300 put and i have not sold that
today i have checked and surprised that i have to pay 126000 Rs in the form of STT
i am not understanding what to do .

Kindly help me.

Regards
Anil
if you did not sell in the money option on/before expiry day then STT is charged at futures rate........as nifty expired @ 6299, so your 6300 puts expired in the money therefore u have to pay high STT.

Hi Friends yesterday i am having 15900 qty nifty 6300 put and i have not sold that
today i have checked and surprised that i have to pay 126000 Rs in the form of STT
i am not understanding what to...

TraderRavi

low risk profile

read above post before spamming here.
at wat rate u bot 6300 puts, wat is your a/c size.
sad but lookslike case of diwali mein diwala.

TraderRavi

low risk profile

to save STT u have to sell ITM options u bot earlier, not exercise them.
ur put value is 1 rs and STT charged at 8rs per lot , bad rule but.
m also not aware of this STT rule in my early years but thank god in my 4 years of day in/day out options trading never got trapped by this rule , otherwise this can be nasty, say a/c size is 20k and STT is 120k as above, kidhar se layega small trader.....:confused:

TraderRavi

low risk profile

m also not aware of this STT rule in my early years but thank god in my 4 years of day in/day out options trading never got trapped by this rule , otherwise this can be nasty, say a/c size is 20k and STT is 120k as above, kidhar se layega small trader.....:confused:
but within first month of my trading I was trapped by short sell auction rule, shorted 300 EDUCOMP did not covered as having loss of 5-6ooo rs , waited for loss to reduce then tried to cover in last minute that too at limit price not market price, got 16000 penalty on a/c size of 60k :mad:

Bad luck dude. I too got strangled in this. Nifty somehow came below 6300 in the last minutes and somehow closed at 6299. Talk about bad luck. My position was light compared to yours though.

I have paid auction penalty of Rs 16000 for trading and squaring up in T 2 T segment where netting is not allowed. Thank God the quantity was low ( that is because the liquidity was poor in that scrip ).

Smart_trade