Diary of a day trader - Part 2

EagleOne

Khopdi hi to chalai thi, lekin fir bhi........
This is my problem
Arrey yaar, ye baat traders ko nanga karne wale jaante hain ki aam trader ki khopdi sirf profit ka soch rahi hoti, aur kuch nahin. Khopdi toh unki chalti hai, bakion ki toh aankhon ke aage hare-hare note gir rahe hote - isko aap khopdi chalna kehte ho? :lol:

EagleOne

Pehale bears ke shorts utaari, ab bulls 'apna apna' dono hathon mein chupaye bhaag rahe. Bhai wah! Jai ho in magarmachhon! Har baar ki tareh iss baar bhi expiry circus show dekh ke majaa aa raha hai - hamesha ki tareh! :rofl:

which order should be used for trading stock futures SL-M or SL-L?
With SL-M trader is sure that order is going to be executed however it can have more slippage points as compared to SL-L order. So which one is good?

DSM

Good question. There are a few things that you need to consider on exiting with SL. How liquid is the stock/futures.? What is the spread? How bad you want to get out of your position.? Basically the more illiquid the position, the deeper will have to be your limit and there you can take a big hit. Hence better to trade with SL-L with liquid position, where you can expect to get filled at a reasonable rate. However with illiquid script, it's your call and you need to be careful there.

which order should be used for trading stock futures SL-M or SL-L?
With SL-M trader is sure that order is going to be executed however it can have more slippage points as compared to SL-L order. So which one is good?

EagleOne

Good question. There are a few things that you need to consider on exiting with SL. How liquid is the stock/futures.? What is the spread? How bad you want to get out of your position.? Basically the more illiquid the position, the deeper will have to be your limit and there you can take a big hit. Hence better to trade with SL-L with liquid position, where you can expect to get filled at a reasonable rate. However with illiquid script, it's your call and you need to be careful there.
What you say my friend, may be right. But for me at least it is impossible keep juggling all these dozen balls in the air. In my experience liquidity is the one that blows maximum trading accounts... Think about it, as my commo trade setup is at very interesting point! :)

See you around. bye

DSM

E1, spot on about juggling dozen balls in the air. Been there, done, that. :) About trading liquid/illiquid scripts, would rather trade liquid scripts any day as the fills on illiquid (future) scripts at the time of exit will hurt the account -alternatively to not get filled, can be even worse.

Commodity, don't trade it now, though am considering gold/silver/crude & copper. What's your setup? Are you positing about it on any thread.?

What you say my friend, may be right. But for me at least it is impossible keep juggling all these dozen balls in the air. In my experience liquidity is the one that blows maximum trading accounts... Think about it, as my commo trade setup is at very interesting point! :)

See you around. bye

EagleOne

................Deleted. Irrelevant post. Waste of my time and TJ space. :p ;).............

Last edited:
In case SBIN and Rcom what should be the order SL-L and SL-M.
In case of SL-L what if my stop loss order does not get executed. I have not given a thought on that point what if my stoploss order does not get executed and stock price comes down.I am trading 2 lots each.

EagleOne

Dear friend .......... your every post is valuble for TJ.........;):p
Thanks for the compliment, bro. However, for many here I am the biggest, most irritating a-hole in the whole wide world! Well unlike my irrelevant post, that old hindi proverb, relating a monkey and the ginger, has always been relevant, you know! ;) :lol: