Discussion about Renko : (from Varun's thread)

extremist

Sir I dont use tick charts on renko, I use normally 3min chart, with proper bricksize I han't had issues of repaint.
oh.... come on doss bro.....
r suggesting tht changing brick size will convert repainting code to non repainting code?

instead i still suspect the code ur using and the code i used to test r not same.
i tested the code u shared here by the name of hybrid renko.

if i'm making any mistake as u said in brick selection please give proper settings for NF 3min.
i will test again.

doss186

oh.... come on doss bro.....
r suggesting tht changing brick size will convert repainting code to non repainting code?

instead i still suspect the code ur using and the code i used to test r not same.
i tested the code u shared here by the name of hybrid renko.

if i'm making any mistake as u said in brick selection please give proper settings for NF 3min.
i will test again.
Sir test with both larger reverse to same level, e.g. 5,1,1,5. Bricks once plotted they are plotted.

Ajax

You change brick size, its something similar to changing time period on regular charts.
Use lower brick size, you get more reversals ( of shorter moves, of course)
for every stock brick size is not same.

Renko is timeless, a new brick will print, red or green only when price moves by certain amount depending on brick size.

when scrip is in congestion, no new bricks (depending on brick size), but when trending, bricks form rapidly

Overall i will say that Renko bricks give you a clear, precise view of price movement. I am def a fan of the simplicity that comes with Renko charts. However, my opinion is that it still isn’t meant for trading commercial bank stocks.