Dissecting the Nest Plus Auto Trading API

yusi

Hi All,

Am not actively trading nowadays and have lost touch with Excel-Ami-NestPlus..
Have an query . Can we execute trades i.e buy/sell from Excel to Now ?
I do not want to use external Data from anywhere ,nor do I want to use Amibroker , just do some calculation in excel when data is available in Excel via Now-Excel Linking ...

Regards,
Raju
This question was asked just a few posts back. Yes, it is possible and should be relatively easy (even though it may be new territory). Most search results in Google will be about COM calls to Excel. Also, from Excel you can make COM calls to Amibroker, do the similar thing to Plus.

Whether you RTD feed data to Excel, or fetch it from Yahoo, or hand input it, is not relevant.

Raju

This question was asked just a few posts back. Yes, it is possible and should be relatively easy (even though it may be new territory). Most search results in Google will be about COM calls to Excel. Also, from Excel you can make COM calls to Amibroker, do the similar thing to Plus.

Whether you RTD feed data to Excel, or fetch it from Yahoo, or hand input it, is not relevant.
What I have understood is have to try COM calls to Nest Plus to execute Buy/Sell from Excel. Thanks jagankris and yusi for the pointer.Will explore more and share my experience.

Regards,
Raju

Raju

What I have understood is have to try COM calls to Nest Plus to execute Buy/Sell from Excel. Thanks jagankris and yusi for the pointer.Will explore more and share my experience.

Regards,
Raju
Yusi/Jagankris,

Had a chat with customer support of Omny...

Customer - I want to Send Buy/Sell Order from Excel to Now,Does NestPlus have any role here ?some api ?
or some feature readiyl available

HelpDesk3 - there is product called plus api
Plus Trading Plugin product is an interface that allows you to trade based on signals generated from charting applications like AmiBroker. Plus Trading Plugin Product seamlessly integrates the charting application with your Nest Trader trading application.
you need to write plus api function inside your ambi broker codes based on that it will execute the orders in Nest Trader

Customer- I do not want to use Amibroker - Just excel

HelpDesk3 -no sir

Customer - So some charting application is necessary

HelpDesk3
yes sir

Confused a bit ....Any specific pointers you could provide ?

Regards,
Raju

yusi

Yusi/Jagankris,

Customer - I want to Send Buy/Sell Order from Excel to Now,Does NestPlus have any role here ?some api ?
or some feature readiyl available

HelpDesk3 - there is product called plus api
Plus Trading Plugin product is an interface that allows you to trade based on signals generated from charting applications like AmiBroker. Plus Trading Plugin Product seamlessly integrates the charting application with your Nest Trader trading application.
you need to write plus api function inside your ambi broker codes based on that it will execute the orders in Nest Trader

Customer- I do not want to use Amibroker - Just excel

HelpDesk3 -no sir

Customer - So some charting application is necessary

HelpDesk3
yes sir

Confused a bit ....Any specific pointers you could provide ?

Regards,
Raju
Try this:

Set IeObject = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
IeObject.Visible = True
IeObject.Navigate "www.traderji.com"

If it works for you, you have successfully made a COM call.

For Plus, the object name is Nest.PlusApi instead of InternetExplorer.Application. Supported functions would be SetObjectName and PlaceOrder instead of Navigate. The parameters to the functions, and their meaning, are described in this thread. Take it from there.

Last edited:

Raju

Raju, don't you think it is impolite to ask a question, get a definite answer, go seek a second opinion, and come back to say... but the other person said different.

Try this:

Set IeObject = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
IeObject.Visible = True
IeObject.Navigate "www.traderji.com"

If it works for you, you have successfully made a COM call. Take it from there.
I am sorry if it sounded impolite...my intentions was just to share .I got some clue from this thread so went and asked Omney to proceed further but they disappointed me so again came back and shared my experience.If u given me hope to try ..will work on it and come back if I am able to get it working at my end.Your help is highly appreciated ...Cheers

Regards,
Raju

yusi

I am sorry if it sounded impolite...my intentions was just to share .I got some clue from this thread so went and asked Omney to proceed further but they disappointed me so again came back and shared my experience.If u given me hope to try ..will work on it and come back if I am able to get it working at my end.Your help is highly appreciated ...Cheers

Regards,
Raju
Sorry about that, should not have written it. Just edited it out before I saw this post, and added additional details.

Raju

Sorry about that, should not have written it. Just edited it out before I saw this post, and added additional details.
No worries ...Sharing is caring .Long back i had attempted Now - Excel .Now it is Excel - Now ...Will keep you updated..

Regards,
Raju

mastermind007

Yusi/Jagankris,

Regards,
Raju
Raju

Short answer to your query is Yes, it can be done and this usage is in-line with design goals of COM from Microsoft!!

However, practical answer is you will neither get clear documentation nor tactical help from Omnesys and you will have to figure it out by trial and error.

Customer Service is simply skilled at cut-pasting answers from same thing that you can read at website.

If you happen to be near Mumbai, go to their office in person and try talking to some senior developer

mastermind007

yusi,

How far is your dissection project coming along?

I too have joined the NOW bandwagon and have gotten over the shock of quirks of NOW interface, so I am no longer a curious bystander with respect to your project anymore.

As is the case with countless others, I am with NOW because of the brokerage... and would certainly like to add 2-3 things through that will make trade management simpler.

Raju

Raju

Short answer to your query is Yes, it can be done and this usage is in-line with design goals of COM from Microsoft!!

However, practical answer is you will neither get clear documentation nor tactical help from Omnesys and you will have to figure it out by trial and error.

Customer Service is simply skilled at cut-pasting answers from same thing that you can read at website.

If you happen to be near Mumbai, go to their office in person and try talking to some senior developer
Thanks MasterMind007...

I will try to talk with developers in my company if they can help me out further . I am not from development background.

Regards,
Raju