Dissecting the Nest Plus Auto Trading API

yusi

Yusi,

At this point, I do not have much info to clarify your doubt...

OrderUpdate is a function signature that I received from a source. I am not even sure if the info given is right, but I am guessing that OrderUpdate is the call that we need to make to get all orders. (From where the call is to made, and with what params? ... I have no clue)

I was hoping that you would have seen some function with this name while dissecting the API.

As you can see, I have a busy diary on TJ. All the trading has taken up a lot of my time, but has got me nowhere. But be sure that once I find the method to get rich :), I will devote my time to automating it.

I am hoping that you would have completely dissected the API by then. :thumb:.... and also hoping that NEST/NOW would not have changed the API, by the time we dig it. It's so frustrating that NEST does not share the API right on their web page. Don't they want people to use their API? Have you asked them for the API docs?
Thanks for clarifying. I thought that OrderUpdate was your own ideal function prototype, and one that would suit your needs.

To get feedback on any placed orders, the Nest AT function that I know of is: GetOrderStatus and it has been mentioned earlier. The parameters are OrderRefNo (string), Status (string*), FillQty (long*), FillPrice (double* / long*) where the OrderRefNo is the one that was used in PlaceOrder.

As you can see, there is no mechanism to get the Nest/NOW order number, or Exchange order number, or any of the other fields that you mention; which is the reason that extracting values directly from the Order / Trade Book window was suggested. Also, for any pending order, you would have to regularly poll to get the latest status.

At this point, I am on holiday for another fortnight, and will resume taking this up after that. Why don't you take some time off, and get on chat to ask them for the API docs. I've (and others, it seems) had no luck.

Last edited:
To auto trade
1. You should be subscribed to the Nest Trading Plugin
2. You should be logged into Nest Plus
is there any other way to do it other than subscribed to the Nest Trading Plugin? because if i subscribe they don't even give me AFL. Is the above AFL which i have posted good ? will it put stop loss order and trail it or trailing stop loss ?

Dear Algo, I don't quite understand you. While I check with AMI, I find one signal software ("XYZ") producing pretty good profitable signals. Now, if it trades by those signals it should also make profits, shouldn't it?

Or do you suggest all signal software produce losing signals?

Please clarify this point because I am on the lookout for an auto program.

yusi

Sandip,

To take up your problem statement from another thread, when you click the manual buy/sell button currently, do you get to see the API Generated Orders windows as illustrated here ?

Thanks Yusi once again!

That was the window (something very similar) I was getting 10 days back. But now I get none at all.

I reported the matter to Omnesys and today they have "upgraded" my N+. They also conveyed an unpleasant news. MCX is not available semi auto for a retail trader. That's a blow. I was trading in MCX also semi. As they have upgraded in the afternoon I have to wait till tomorrow morning to check in NFO.

I just wonder:

The afl is ok as one fellow member just checked it out of courtesy. But if it is so, what is the rocket science that would deliver the order to the API to "Place" orders?

Let me check tomorrow and get back to this thread.

mastermind007

The afl is ok as one fellow member just checked it out of courtesy. But if it is so, what is the rocket science that would deliver the order to the API to "Place" orders?

Let me check tomorrow and get back to this thread.
IMHO, Stock market is lot more complicated that rocket science.

Rocket Science is very simple. There is only one direction in which calculations have to go. Up! Up! Up! :clapping:

@augubhai

Kindly clarify why you don't want to use auto and get rich but the other way round.:)

Whenever I use my own wisdom I make loss most of the time but when I follow my semi auto even 50% I consistently make profits. This is going on for the last 5 days. I have decided not to wise-trade till I get rich:D