Evaluate your Broker before Account Opening- Check List & Evaluation Results Update

Re: Evaluate your Broker before Account Opening- Check List & Evaluation Results Upda

Hi Seema,

G8 work :clapping:. So I am looking to open a new trading cum Demat a/c - out of the following choice whom you will select and why?
This may help a lot for new bee like me.

Regards,
Suresh

Re: Evaluate your Broker before Account Opening- Check List & Evaluation Results Upda

Sorry I forget add the list

1. Trade smart online
2. VPS
3. Sas online
4. Zerodha
5. RKSV.

Important factor is safety and transparency with good customer support

Regards,
Sures

whisky

@skvl,

Go through with this thread completely you will get your answer.

Also check the below thread of Mr.Dan for the safety of your funds & trades.

Never ever put all your eggs to one broker

Relish

What is your analysis on SMC?

Guys,

I came across with Wisdom Capital plan 1111/-, anyone has any experience and can provide any input about the company background and the management. I checked on their site but could not get any information about the management team...

I am in discussion with many more discount brokers... will keep you all posted with my observation..
my trading account in wisdom capital since Apr 2013. very good service, Nest Trader trading software, 10 times exposure. Divakar raj, Shimla, Mob: 9418486688

Hi Friends,

I have created a below checklist and evaluating different brokers on below parameters and will post my result. request you all to please provide your evaluation also for the Brokers.

CHECKPOINTS FOR ACCOUNT OPENING?
1 Know about Broker history & it's Management?
2 Broker Location, HO,Regd. Off, Branches
3 STATUTORY CHARGES ( Specifically Transaction Charges/Turnover Charges & Clearing Charges)
4 Check for DP Charges
5 Check for Clearing Charges
6 Client Account Opening Charges
7 Systems offered (NOW/NEST/ODIN ?)
8 Any System/Software Charges
9 Segments Avaliable
10 EXPOSURE provided segment-wise
11 Brokerage Plans
12 SMS Notification-Every Transaction / Day End

The above will help all of us...
Regards..
Seema
Guys this thread was started by me and due to some confusion, admin has moved my thread to some whisky.
I am Seema Vanvani & will continue this with new id.

What is your analysis on SMC?
SMC is a good brand & good for long term investors as a full service provider.

I have no account with them, never experience their service so can't comment on their service but as brokerage cost is very important for day traders, SMC is not cost effective for them.

i trade in nifty options. I am looking for a new broker as my existing sharekhan is charging me 100/lot. Though he has agreed to come down to 50/lot. I am looking for some reliable broker who can offer me less than that. I dont want a monthly pay plan as i dont trade daily and i trade only one lot at a time so it will turn out to be expensive.

the broker should have a good trading terminal.

All help will be appreciated.

i trade in nifty options. I am looking for a new broker as my existing sharekhan is charging me 100/lot. Though he has agreed to come down to 50/lot. I am looking for some reliable broker who can offer me less than that. I dont want a monthly pay plan as i dont trade daily and i trade only one lot at a time so it will turn out to be expensive.

the broker should have a good trading terminal.

All help will be appreciated.
You can trade with SAS @Rs.9/- per trade or IndiaProcon @Rs.10/ per trade.
Their Per trade offer is excellent as compared to per lot option with other brokers.

nac

As said before if you are looking for discount broker who has there own DP then there is only one broker Tradesmart
I thought they are like wisdom capital, kinda franchise. If tradesmart is a broker, who is VNS here?

1 Know about Broker history & it's Management?
12 SMS Notification-Every Transaction / Day End
1. Any idea how can we do this other than digging up online?
12. Is this special service or common for all brokers?

1- Physical address of the Registered Company.
2- Visit to Physical address.
5- Exchange membership no. and type of membership.
6- No. of Empoyees. Best to list city and support staff for different
exchanges.
7- Time frame for payout and pay-in.
9- Instruments available for trading. (Ex: MCX brokers will usually not let you trade certain products, infact will not even know all the products, learned the hard way)
10- RMS system and in cases of their mistake, response and reversal time frame.
12- Ph. no.s and accessibility of top brass incase of requirement.
1, 2 & 6. Something not possible for everyone. Almost all of the discount brokers have very few branches. Visiting them in person may not be possible. May be guys from Delhi can do this and post their views here... :D
5 & 9. This is something trading member put the information in nse site. Exchange is not taking any responsibility if there is any discrepancy. (source. "Find member" from nseindia). If you know any reliable source, please let us know. (correct me if I am wrong)
7. Payin is always instant. :D
10. I don't think brokers do take responsibility and do compensate clients. At least I haven't heard so before.
12. Even if we ask, I don't think they will give the contact nos. Unless or until you are giving lot of business. But again with discount brokers and fixed monthly subscription, all are equal when it comes to this.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I really wonder this many people bother about leverage for futures and options. They are already a leverage instrument, handling the risk is already a lot for small traders (I assume most (I mean really most) of us hear are small traders).

Guys don't jump on me for saying this. May be I don't understand the depth of your need of leverage ;)

For those who wants to know the transaction charges if the broker is also a clearing member (FO).
Futures 185/crore + service tax
Options 5000/crore + service tax