FAQs FOREX for Indians

ag_fx

hi ankit

you got a great job...
lets see where I land up after my MBA :p

by the way, leverage offered in forex is amazing...i've been trading with a demo account for some time now...will soon go for a live one...

just wanted to know which pair has max movement and around what time?
currently I am focussing on EUR/USD from 6:30pm to 10:30pm IST
Well EURUSD,GBPUSD,GBPJPY,USDJPY and USDCHF are someof the best pairs to trader..there is no such stat available like which pair has max movement...there is no stndard answer to it...
Thetime that you have mentioned is around US opening....you can also try London opening 1230 PM IST.

ash.paul

just wanted to know which pair has max movement and around what time?
currently I am focussing on EUR/USD from 6:30pm to 10:30pm IST
Gbp/Jpy & Eur/Jpy has daily range of 300 pips on an average which is much higher than other majors. But movement wise any pair can move unexpectedly like say last Friday Gbp/usd pair moving 250 pips within 3 hours after GDP figures came out positive than expected or say Chf pairs moving few months back without any clue because of Swiss bank (SNB) intervention.

News is the driving force as we all know we have to be careful when major news release is coming out, we never know how the market is going to digest it.

Time wise, as Ankit has already said London and US opening becoz these two countries account for most of the movement. As you are trading late afternoon GMT the movements/volatility will tend to slow down a bit as its the ending session for U.K & Europe but still IMO its not a bad time to to trade and it also depends upon your strategy which your adopting.

Happy Trading

VJAY

Dear ankit,
Please suggest web site for tracking live news for support trading forex...like gdp figures ,us data etc

ash.paul

Please suggest web site for tracking live news for support trading forex...like gdp figures ,us data etc
Try http://ransquawk.com/ its free for a week trail. For Realtime news you can also take a package of CNBC plus(cheap).
Bloomberg/Reuters Terminal if you can afford it.

ag_fx

They are not Realtime, are they? Forexfactory has got a good Calender which highlights in color code. But if any one wants it Realtime then I dont think there is any free lunch. :eek:
In the initial stages when someone is not putting real money on line, its good enough to know when are the figures coming so that we can be aware of chances of a drastic move. Forexfactory serves the purpose to a good extent and even BB is pretty fast in updating the figures.
Of course, real time data for anything is not free.

ash.paul

Hi Ankit, Hw is your forex trading going on at the moment. Ru still at the market making desk at ICICI? Man when do u get time to trade your a/c or do they allow u to trade with their resources?

ag_fx

Hi Ankit, Hw is your forex trading going on at the moment. Ru still at the market making desk at ICICI? Man when do u get time to trade your a/c or do they allow u to trade with their resources?
Yes I am still on market making desk at ICICI, but can soon let it go.
And as far as my own account is concerned, I am learning and practicing higher TF trading from a mentor/friend and soon plan to get on live with Daily,Weekly set ups.

hi everyone
i am new here and want some help with my questions about trading in forex from india??
i am a final year student of B. tech, i had practiced on forex.com's practice account for 1 month and made some decent profits on it. so now i am about to open a live acccount on forex.com as i am used to their platform and their reviews are also good.

i want to know if a person can legally trade forex on an offshore broker's online platform and under what rules/provisions he may file the income tax on profits earned from them??
please help
thanks in advance

Last edited: