Free data from NSENOW to AmiBroker via Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunsho

If NOW is not running, you will see "N/A" in all the cells. Hence it is better to start NOW before starting NSE-NOW-RT2. If now is already open, check that the columns Sybol, Last Trade Time, Last Traded Price, and Last Traded Qty are present in Market Watch. If not, RightClick on top of Market watch window. Click on Reposition columns and add these columns. Keep the columns in the same order as in Excel and remove other columns.

Click and select any of the scrips. RightClick again, Click on Link to Excel- Selected items. Then right click on empty cell in column and paste. You will see rates data in excel and rates changing.
Hmm. I believe I am having a tough day in getting to Excel. With NOW running, I am getting "N/A" in the excel sheet. Trusted locations, Admin rights, all properly set.

Zerodha support looked at my desktop and spent time playing around and everything seems to be correct. Now they have asked me to contact NOW team to sort this out. UAC disabled just to make sure C: doesn't have any problem.

While I struggle some more time with NOW team, anybody faced similar problem :confused:

sr114

Gunsho

what you want? to run NOW and Zerodha Trader and fetch data via Josh1 utility. it very easy to do. not too complicated. you dont' have to change a single line of VBA code.

Only thing is to change the scrip list. - for NOW and also for the Zerodha Traders. this you have to do only.

regards
sr

gunsho

Gunsho

what you want? to run NOW and Zerodha Trader and fetch data via Josh1 utility. it very easy to do. not too complicated. you dont' have to change a single line of VBA code.

Only thing is to change the scrip list. - for NOW and also for the Zerodha Traders. this you have to do only.

regards
sr
Thanks SR. You are right. I am running NOW provided by Zerodha and want to use this, so that I could get RT data in Amibroker. I followed the steps mentioned here and in the excel sheet, I am getting #NA, instead of values from my Market Watch group settings.

Decided to first check if NOW to excel is working for me. So opened a new excel sheet in the trusted location. From NOW terminal linked to excel and pasted the same in this new Excel sheet. Again same "#NA". When I contacted Zerodha, they mentioned I should be getting the real time values here. I was told this should be a problem with NOW terminal.

josh1

Thanks SR. You are right. I am running NOW provided by Zerodha and want to use this, so that I could get RT data in Amibroker. I followed the steps mentioned here and in the excel sheet, I am getting #NA, instead of values from my Market Watch group settings.

Decided to first check if NOW to excel is working for me. So opened a new excel sheet in the trusted location. From NOW terminal linked to excel and pasted the same in this new Excel sheet. Again same "#NA". When I contacted Zerodha, they mentioned I should be getting the real time values here. I was told this should be a problem with NOW terminal.
There is no problem with NOW terminal. I am getting quotes in Excel in Windows 64x Server running inside VirtualBox under Ubuntu Linux. This seems to be problem with your Excel or your system. Check your security settings in Excel, which of version of excel are you using?

regards

gunsho

There is no problem with NOW terminal. I am getting quotes in Excel in Windows 64x Server running inside VirtualBox under Ubuntu Linux. This seems to be problem with your Excel or your system. Check your security settings in Excel, which of version of excel are you using?

regards
It is Office 2010 in Windows 7 64-bit. Had a conversation with NOW team. They again did the same thing, still getting "#NA". Next step is, they suggested Zerodha to disable this feature for me and enable it again. If that doesn't work, I have to use my login ID in some other system running Windows XP or a different version of Office to check if the problem is only with this system. NOW team said, they have successfully ran this in Windows 7 / Office 2010. Anyway, will check the 2 options left out before giving it up :)

sr114

Gunsho

Actually if all the steps are followed rigidly, there is no question of geting the data captured and trandferred in Ami.

Do these thing.
1.delete all files (*.xlm files)
2. add the NOW and its subfolder in Excel trusted location (under Excel Option)
3. unzip the NowRT files and extract the files to respective locations
4. follow the instructions.
5. create the database in Ami properly.
6. link to excel all the scrips (under the scrip as provided in the NowRT.xlm file.
7. procedure
a. start NOW
b. start Ami
c. start Nowrt.xlm via opening through excel files not double clicking.
you will get the data in ami

regards
sr

gunsho

My friend. Thanks for your help. But I think you are missing a point which I am trying to say. My problem now which I am going through is not with this utility or getting to Amibroker etc.. The first step of NOW to excel itself is not working for me. NOW team also gave up. I am now trying the above two options. Once I successfully get NOW data to excel, I believe it will work like a charm ;)

Gunsho

Actually if all the steps are followed rigidly, there is no question of geting the data captured and trandferred in Ami.

Do these thing.
1.delete all files (*.xlm files)
2. add the NOW and its subfolder in Excel trusted location (under Excel Option)
3. unzip the NowRT files and extract the files to respective locations
4. follow the instructions.
5. create the database in Ami properly.
6. link to excel all the scrips (under the scrip as provided in the NowRT.xlm file.
7. procedure
a. start NOW
b. start Ami
c. start Nowrt.xlm via opening through excel files not double clicking.
you will get the data in ami

regards
sr

josh1

My friend. Thanks for your help. But I think you are missing a point which I am trying to say. My problem now which I am going through is not with this utility or getting to Amibroker etc.. The first step of NOW to excel itself is not working for me. NOW team also gave up. I am now trying the above two options. Once I successfully get NOW data to excel, I believe it will work like a charm ;)
1. Close Excel Totally.
2. Start NOW and get Hindunilever, ITC and Nifty future in NOW. (These scrips are given as sample in my utility.
3. Check that columns stated in NSE-NOW-RT2.xlsm are present in NOW
4. Open NSE-NOW-RT2.xlsm.

Try these steps.

sr114

Gunsho
follow this procedure

Settings within Excel:
1. Open Excel - NOW supports Office 2007 and above.
2. Click the "Office Button" on the top left of your screen.
3. Click on "Excel Options" at the bottom of the new window.
4. In the new window, click on "Trust Center" on left-hand side menu bar.
5. On the right-hand side, please click on an option called "Trust Center Settings".
6. In the new window, click on "Trusted Locations".
7. Click on "Add new Location" on the bottom of the window.
8. Browse and select the "NOW" folder from your Program Files.
This will enable Excel to receive streaming quotes from NOW software.

regards
sr

Status
Not open for further replies.