i love fyers for its Onchart trading, placing/modifying orders.. but things i don't like about fyers is its watchlist.. for trading in Banknifty/Nifty options, watchlist shows only half name as space is small it becomes very difficult when we have many banknifty/nifty symbols in list.. and when we expand watchlist for keeping track of BN/nifty CE/PE then it takes almost half screen and chart gets smaller..
Usually i use 3 charts (BN fut, BN spot, Nifty Spot).. lot of important time is wasted in confirming the name of symbol (Once i bought banknifty PE instead of CE in hurry)..

Also Please give option to POPOUT Dashboard on new tab.. and from there Checkboxs for closing multiple positions, Close all positions button (Like zerodha).. Dashboard on other tab is must for viewing orders, order rejection error, funds, margin..

Everything on One window is making Fyers very slow.. for checking dashboard, chart size has to be reduced.. all this small things makes experience slow and important decision time is wasted in just playing with GUI of fyers..

To avoid some of this things i also keep fyers mobile app opened all the time.. but that app is also slow and has its own problems..

Attachments

So one can't take delivery without POA, no matter which segment?
And one can trade Intraday in F&O but not Intraday in cash segment, without POA?
How about MCX?

TY!
Derivative trading both positional & intra possible with trading account.

Intra equity segment requires a demat account no matter what.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So one can't take delivery without POA, no matter which segment?
And one can trade Intraday in F&O but not Intraday in cash segment, without POA?
How about MCX?

TY!
Since MCX contracts are settled unlike equity delivery trade and these contracts are derivative contracts where settlement mechanism is different. FYI, in MCX if you are interested in the physical delivery of the commodities you have to give your intention during the tender period available before the contract expiry, to initiate the further procedure with the exchange.

McNish

There are some issues i want to point out regarding the features of Web, One & Mobile applications. I believe there is a relevant thread somewhere for this. Can the team please direct me to it. TY!

That apart, it's been quite some time since i wrote here what features I in particular want to see with Web. Some have been implemented. There are other features about which i am curious as to when they will come about.

1. Scripting language : Since Fyers has implemented API, it only makes sense to have the Pine Script enabled as otherwise the API is only a half baked cake. Even though it might not be for all the Fyers clients but those willing to go down that road will at least have the gates open to do so. And Fyers can charge a reasonable fee for the same. I am very much eager to see that option.

2. Common Ledger : I can't see what's stopping Fyers in implementing it as i see a lot of novice and seasoned brokers having it. If they have been able to row around the current, so can you guys too.

3. I would like to see the margins clearly spelt out rather than having to check with the margin calculator for individual scripts. I understand that the equation is variable, yet describing it in Min, Max or Range format will give more clarity.

I don't trade with Fyers currently cause i need a common ledger, an API, and clear definition of margins as i use that margin figure in my AFL to trigger trades. But i am very eager to trade with Fyers as the rest of the features are quite attractive. Am sure there are others like me who wish the same.

I have account with over half a dozen brokers but i trade with only 2 of them. The rest i opened over time to see what actual facilities they provide. Almost all of them, with an exception of a few, don't walk the talk. But that is not the case with Fyers as i haven't seen them say things that are non existing with them. That is a big plus, to stay true to one's words.

I hope Fyers can implement these features ASAP. Just my 2 cents.
Regards, :)

i love fyers for its Onchart trading, placing/modifying orders.. but things i don't like about fyers is its watchlist.. for trading in Banknifty/Nifty options, watchlist shows only half name as space is small it becomes very difficult when we have many banknifty/nifty symbols in list.. and when we expand watchlist for keeping track of BN/nifty CE/PE then it takes almost half screen and chart gets smaller..
Usually i use 3 charts (BN fut, BN spot, Nifty Spot).. lot of important time is wasted in confirming the name of symbol (Once i bought banknifty PE instead of CE in hurry)..

Also Please give option to POPOUT Dashboard on new tab.. and from there Checkboxs for closing multiple positions, Close all positions button (Like zerodha).. Dashboard on other tab is must for viewing orders, order rejection error, funds, margin..

Everything on One window is making Fyers very slow.. for checking dashboard, chart size has to be reduced.. all this small things makes experience slow and important decision time is wasted in just playing with GUI of fyers..

To avoid some of this things i also keep fyers mobile app opened all the time.. but that app is also slow and has its own problems..
Hi @rakesh8192,

Thanks for the feedback on our platform and found on chart trading functionality pretty much useful.

You can find the symbol detail very easily through the market depth window available in the bottom of the watchlist and you can resize your watchlist window accordingly.
Due to security reasons dashboard pop-out functionality not made available but, you can pop-out your chart layout for convenient view. For order management, you need to get the dashboard only. We have tested platform functionality and no delay as such if you use then combined as well.
FYI, we are working on the Mobile App development and bringing you to the most advanced trading experience.

Happy Trading!

McNish

... give option to POPOUT Dashboard on new tab...
... Checkboxs for closing multiple positions, Close all positions button ...
... Dashboard on other tab is must for viewing orders, order rejection error, funds, margin..
I totally second that and request it as priority..

After Note ....

After the reply from the team, i checked their suggestion and it seems to work for now, while markets are closed. Am sure the scenario will be the same even while the markets are open.

Just load your chart layout via the cloud button, hit the POP-OUT button, left of LOGOUT, top right corner, and the whole layout is loaded in the new tab. Now go to Dashboard in the main tab and re-size to Max. Now you will have the layout in another tab and Dash in the main tab. Hope i got that right.

Yet i would still like to see the one click close, position wise and All-In-One.
TY!

Last edited:

McNish

While i did the above, i faced another issue.
When i pop-out the chart layout to another tab, the "Watch-list Tab" remains in the original tab it self and doesn't get ported to the new tab. Now if in the new tab i wish to change a symbol of an existing chart, there is no option to do that.
Rather it would be better to port the "Watch-list Tab" as well when popping out the charts layout. That way, one can change the symbols of a particular chart with just a click.

Another functionality i would request is to also have a "Underlying F&O" watch-list too, just like you have in the mobile and desktop apps.
TY!

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
You may think of enabling something like Speed e of NSDL where an investor can give instructions on the internet for any shares sold under a particular settlement. I have used this facility with the other broker for many years and it is very effective.

Smart_trade
But it still requires you to login to NSDL every time, right?

But it still requires you to login to NSDL every time, right?
Yes, investor has to log in with his log in ID and password in Speed e platform of NSDL and then give the Delivery Instruction Slip ( DIS) on line.You can also schedule the delivery in a particular settlement number and on a particular day. You can monitor the progress of delivery instructions given by you .Transfer can be done only with predefined and registered broker demat accounts.

It is like Internet Funds Transfer which is done by the investor by his log in ID,password and OTP ( I do not know if NSDL has OTP feature for additional safety. )

Smart_trade

Last edited: