General Trading Chat

manishchan

do FII DII have access to more than best 5 price ?
tell me one thing that FII don't have access to ;) They even hv access to get their order filled faster than retails.. Have u ever wondered why your entry didn't get filled and price jumped off.. ;) :D

Yes, there is increased access to the market depth+ price ladder.

Not sure if it is available to retail.
Not for retail.. brokers terminal do..

FIIs do not have any preference in order fills as their orders also go through the same NSE order book..price jumping is for different reason..a large order hits the market and it clears all orders below/ above our order...so our orders which are in pending order book get triggered and transferred to active orderbook but as the price is below/above our limit ,the trades dont get executed and the order remains as pending order.

ST

Today at around 9:40 some big fii sold 15 lakh nifty in one single order...I heard this on tv...any one heard this too....
Which segment .... Future , Options (PE), Cash ... ?

Today at around 9:40 some big fii sold 15 lakh nifty in one single order...I heard this on tv...any one heard this too....
Yes I heard that at 9:41 a large sell order hit the market...

ST

RAAMAKANT

FIIs do not have any preference in order fills as their orders also go through the same NSE order book..price jumping is for different reason..a large order hits the market and it clears all orders below/ above our order...so our orders which are in pending order book get triggered and transferred to active orderbook but as the price is below/above our limit ,the trades dont get executed and the order remains as pending order.

ST
But many times I have observed,
If I put a buy order as xxxx.50 immediately another order jumps before my order by quoting xxxx.55, and if I keep increasing the other order also keep rising by very small margin ahed of my order. Same applies for sale order. What could be the reason for this ?

But many times I have observed,
If I put a buy order as xxxx.50 immediately another order jumps before my order by quoting xxxx.55, and if I keep increasing the other order also keep rising by very small margin ahed of my order. Same applies for sale order. What could be the reason for this ?
This happens mostly in stocks and stocks future..there are some algos which look for arbitrage opportunities when spread is large and auto generate orders better than our order....

ST