General Trading Chat

travi

Guys, is there any way to relate %change in Banknifty futures to %change in options ?

View attachment 49369
in a very simple way No.

in a complex way, you have to use greeks.
so ATM options if 0.5 Delta, ie. 100pt move in NF will have a 50pt change in the options price.
so 1% NF move ~190pt is ~85pt in options
( but note there is gamma, so also which will keep changing delta but just keeping it simple)

then you calculat9e an 85pt change over the cmp of options strike to get %change in options price.

Note: different strikes have different delta, and that also changes as DTE(days to expiry) changes.

in a very simple way No.

in a complex way, you have to use greeks.
so ATM options if 0.5 Delta, ie. 100pt move in NF will have a 50pt change in the options price.
so 1% NF move ~190pt is ~85pt in options
( but note there is gamma, so also which will keep changing delta but just keeping it simple)

then you calculat9e an 85pt change over the cmp of options strike to get %change in options price.

Note: different strikes have different delta, and that also changes as DTE(days to expiry) changes.
Thanks.

BTW, I made a slight change to my watchlist to check my option with the futures.

1687407948455.png

That seems to make it more tradable :)

Raj232

Look at the OBV on this.

View attachment 49375

The price is rising, the averages are rising, but the OBV makes a lower high.

Does it mean that the buyers are exiting ?
Need some OBV expert to comment. Personally have not used OBV... but worth giving it another look ..