General Trading Chat

travi

what exactly is this discount, and compared to spot or fut levels ? Is there an example / screenshot that you can share .. ?
You can't compare with Futures bcos there are no weekly futures contracts.

Only synthetic futures can be derived.

So when he says CE is in discount, it means strike+CE premium-PE prem is less than spot value.

what exactly is this discount, and compared to spot or fut levels ? Is there an example / screenshot that you can share .. ?
Will post it with a screenshot the next time. These days I am using Shoonya, and the snap quote is not the best one. Will take a screenshot in Nest and post.

travi

If I understood you correctly, today EOD is also similar scenario? NS is bar #8 bull, and BN is still bearish - not sure if the count is 2 or 1. Please correct me if I am wrong
NS bar#8, tomo for bull trend to stay intact we should close above 21854

BN is bearish bar#2 today, it can flip to bull above 45970 tomo, bcos it isn't far from today's closing

travi

For the uninitiated (me), could you explain the significance of this, please?

Is that Buy signal on Nifty was almost about to be confirmed, but now will be cancelled if it closes below the close 4 days back?
read the TD thread.
https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/tom-de-mark-sequential-monitor-for-nifty50-stocks.103836/

but in short, usually, a completed TD setup indicates trend will become stronger in that direction. Bearish close today negates everything, hardwork work of last 8 days