Going With The 60min Flow!!!

Which Futures do u all trade with real Money?

• MiniNifty

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Nifty

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Aban

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • L&T

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Hdil

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • JP asso

• RIL

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Relcap

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Suzlon

• Educomp

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Live discussion Saint's - 60 minute flow

In last 2-3 posts I have answered mostof the questions,if anything remains unanswered,please point it out. Will try to answer in the best way I can.

ST

jatayoo

I have tried to answer that querry in the above post.....hope I have undersyood the question correctly.

ST
I think that at the open on the 19th the SAR is as detailed in your post.
However as per the chart posted the LP of 18th had been taken out.:clapping:

prasadam

Hello Prasadam,

At 10 :00 am today,our SAR was at 17/3 low because 18/3 low was not defined as a pivot till that tine. For that to be a PL ,either of the two thing must happen :

1) We should break 18/3 high whish we had not done OR 2) we should have a long sideways movementabove 18/3 low to call it a pivot ? Now long is how long ? I like to see atleast 4-5 bars sideways move above the 18/3 low. So at 1:00 or 2:00 we can consider it as pivot. There are other reasons also which I will mention in next few posts.

After 3:30 bar we have todays low as pivot low now.

Smart_trade
Thank you very much ST da.

this is my original question at 12 noon. today.

Komal/satya,

Nifty SAR still at low of 17/3, because no highs were made today.

is it ok.?

really appreciate your gesture.

regards.

beethoven

Bee , this movenent now looks like a flag but I was not considering as a flag because 1) In the flag,volumes diminish. Today the sideways movement had normal volumes.

2) Most important point to note is flag is a corrective pattern,and the flag will never start with a WRB.This movement started with a WRB of 3:00 bar on 18th. So the market reversing had very good chance. It did not is a different thing.When we had 4-5 bars above 3:00 bar low yesterday,it was considered as a pivot but the fact that when market broke PL but did not clear MF in two hourly bars indicated that reversal was fake.

Best Wishes,

ST
Thankyou ST for explaining. I was on guard as any movement when a SAR gets shifted on the negative side due to filter not getting taken out, sends alarm signals. These are very broad guidelines (mota details) I have learnt from this forum to survive. Finer details, as you see, I will learn in time hopefully.
Bee

I think that at the open on the 19th the SAR is as detailed in your post.
However as per the chart posted the LP of 18th had been taken out.:clapping:
Yes my friend but the moving filter of 14 and above kept us out of short getting triggered. So no short entry today.

ST

The Gaps Rules

Case 1:
Holding Long Position, Visual Gap Up:

Default Rule: No change in SAR; Add above the first 5 Min high + f

Exception: Gap up after prolonged up move with WRBs look out for it being exhaustion gap reverse below first 5 min low - Big F.

Case 2:
Holding Long Position, Visual Gap Down; First 5 Minutes Low is below SAR:

Default Rule: Shift the SAR to First 5 Minutes Low - Big F, add above the First 5 Minute High + f

Exception: Not Applicable

Case 3:
Holding Short Position, Visual Gap Down:

Default Rule: No change in SAR; Add below the first 5 Min Low - f

Exception: Gap down after prolonged down move with WRBs, look out for it being exhaustion gap reverse above first 5 min High + Big F.

Case 4:
Holding Short Position, Visual Gap Up: First 5 Minutes High is above SAR:

Default Rule: Shift the SAR to First 5 Minutes High + Big F, add below the First 5 Minute Low - f

Exception: Not Applicable

are these gap rules latest ?

komal
U got the access in Trdersaint, is there any short of eligibility to get the acces as per TJ posts in tradersaint???

LATEST GAP RULES

VISUAL GAPS:A visual gap is simply a gap that can be seen visually.and we utilise them in our strategy whether we get them against or in our position.

Gaps Against:
Say you are holding a Short position and the market next day opens against you and beyond your existing stops. You would reverse at the opening 5 min bar high plus a filter of 20points (taking Nifty as an example) to get out of Shorts into Long position.

In case you are holding Longs and the market next day opens below your existing stops, you would reverse at the opening 5 min bar low minus a filter of 20points (taking Nifty as an example) to get out of Longs into Short position.

Gaps In Our Favour:

Scenario 1:You are holding Short positions in NF,and market gaps down visually and below the existing pivots. You would add at the opening bar low less filter (say 7 in case of nifty). The stops then are moved as per the 2 bar method or pivotswhichever gives a closer stop. Wait ideally for a lower pivot to form to get a better Reversal point.

Scenario 2:You are holding Long positions and market gaps up visually on your 60min charts. Wait for the first bar to close. If this bar is Red.meaning thereby it has a closing lesser than the openingreverse to Shorts at this opening bar low-filter (20points say for Nifty). If the subsequent bars keep going higher, nothing to be done except Adding at the opening bar high plus filter and then moving the stops to the opening bar low.

Scenario 3:You are holding Long positions and market gaps up visually on your 60min charts. Wait for the first bar to close. If this bar is Green.meaning thereby it has a closing higher than the openingmove stops as per the 2 bar method unless a pivot is closer than that. If the subsequent bars keep going higher, nothing to be done except Adding at the opening bar high plus filter. Wait ideally for a higher pivot to form to get a better Reversal point.

Smart_trade

Status
Not open for further replies.